VoIP services make system audio quality severely worse.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I am not sure how to format posts on here as this is my first time posting on android central. Today I wanted to bring up an issue that seems to affect many Android users but no one seems to be talking about. When you use a VoIP service and have it go through the speaker all audio will be severely worse. To recreate this you can open up discord while having music playing (whether it is on Spotify, youtube music, or somewhere else, matter it does not). Join any voice call, and then for the audio output select anything but the phone. That means it can be a speaker, wired headphones, or whatever else it shows for you. After a few seconds, you will most likely notice a degrade in audio quality. The music will have no bass, it will sound almost as tho the volume of the music is changing a little bit really fast.

I have found a few posts about this on different forums, mostly related to the Samsung S8, but when I asked my friends who have other Android phones they have the same issues. Seems to be an issue on Samsung S8 and newer, some Huawei phones, Most Xiaomi Phones, LG phones, and probably many others.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Do you have this problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes