My son passed away two years ago. he showed me his unlock pattern before he passed, but I have forgotten it. His phone service has been cancelled and apparently it is not linked to his google account. What can I do to unlock the pattern, but not lose data? He had read stories to his young son and I wish to save the for when my grandson is older. Thank you for any assistance.
    10-04-2020 10:24 PM
    Which phone?
    If it is a Samsung, and if he had a Samsung account, you might be able to reset the the passcode using the Samsung "find my phone" web service (or something to that effect).

Otherwise, there is no way for an end user to bypass this primary security feature. However, the phone maker may or may not be able to help.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-04-2020 11:38 PM
    I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-04-2020 11:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! So sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, what you should've done when you knew the pattern was to turn off the screen lock at that time. You don't really have much other choice right now besides ManiacJoe's suggestion if the phone is a Samsung. If you contact the manufacturer directly, perhaps they might be able to do something out of a compassion clause, but understand that this is a security measure, and therefore does not have any legitimate way to bypass (otherwise, it wouldn't be much of a security measure).
    10-05-2020 12:13 AM
    My son passed away two years ago. he showed me his unlock pattern before he passed, but I have forgotten it. His phone service has been cancelled and apparently it is not linked to his google account. What can I do to unlock the pattern, but not lose data? He had read stories to his young son and I wish to save the for when my grandson is older. Thank you for any assistance.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :-( There are ways to get into the phone if you really want to, but we can't talk about that here...... Google is your friend ;-)
    10-05-2020 03:45 AM