In the BT settings when I enable the option 'Media audio' on my phone while connected to my car I lose sounds on my phone. Even speaking 'OK Google' no longer will produce any audio sounds. Google Maps voice navigation is mute as a result also. I don't get audio via my car speakers. In order to get audio I have to disable 'Media audio' and insure 'Phone calls' is enabled. Doing so will then turn on audio on my phone. It is my understanding the the 'Media auto' option enabled would route the audio from Google Assistant for example through my car speakers.

I've always had Mazda's with a variety of phones and my problem has always happened as I stated. Perhaps I am not understanding what 'Media audio' is supposed to do. Is it supposed to allow audio from things like speaking 'OK Google' to come through my car speakers or not? If yes then any ideas how to get things working properly. I guess my problem could be a Mazda issue.

Thanks
    10-09-2020 05:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you turn on Media Audio in the phone's Bluetooth settings, what's the car stereo's input set to? Is it set to Bluetooth? If the car's stereo isn't on and set to Bluetooth, then you won't hear any of the phone's media audio.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    10-09-2020 06:16 PM
    How do I find out what car's stereo input is set to? I've only played around with the options in my Bluetooth setting both through my car and through my phone. Changing an option in either place changes the option in the other. Phone calls come through my car speakers with no problem. I don't use BT for anything else. What does enabling media audio buy me? As I already stated are the sounds that come from my phone supposed to be routed to my speakers when I enable Media audio? Perhaps Android Auto would accomplish this?
    10-09-2020 06:35 PM
    I'd have to see the actual car stereo interface. Does the 2020 CX-5 come with different stereo options, or is it just one kind?

Older stereos (and probably the lower end base stereos in newer cars) might not integrate completely with a mobile device's Bluetooth audio streaming. They might have an input called "Bluetooth Aux" that's used to stream the phone's media audio, but in that case, it wouldn't also stream the phone audio -- you might have to switch the stereo to Phone to get that. Since you have a 2020 model year car, this probably isn't the case, but I can't say for sure without actually seeing the interface.

Let us know which stereo your car has, and in the meantime I'll see if the information is readily available on the web.
    10-09-2020 06:45 PM
    It's just the standard one that comes with the car. The model one higher than I have comes with a BOSE system.

Tell me this. Do other folks have their phones audio play through their car speakers by specifying some option?
    10-09-2020 06:49 PM
    Can you clarify -- are you only talking about the audio for Google Maps navigation and Google Assistant? Or are you also talking about music apps?

Also, do you have Android Auto in your car system? I see from the Mazda site that Android Auto is standard in all models except the base model.
    10-09-2020 06:56 PM
    I hear no audio from my phone using google assistant and from google maps when I enable Media audio. As I said I have to disable media audio in order to get back the audio on my phone. Why don't you disable media audio on your phone and see that happens? Yes I have AA but haven't tried it yet.
    10-09-2020 08:12 PM
    I'd have to find an opportunity later to try that. In the meantime, I would highly recommend giving Android Auto a try. I think it's very well-designed. I wish my car's system had Android Auto!
    10-09-2020 10:27 PM