Texts Lost in the Air?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone got wet and wont turn on. While I wait for my new phone to arrive (which I plan to restore backed up messages on from the cloud), what happens to any texts or missed calls in the "air" that I'm not able to receive?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Probably best to ask your carrier that question. In my experience, all unread messages should show up when you insert your SIM into the new phone.

Some carriers also have an option to send copies of your text messages to your email, so see if that's an option while you wait for the new phone.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The generic answers:

Calls will go to voicemail. The voicemail messages will be kept on your carrier's server for n days. N varies with the carriers, common is 30 days.

SMS messages will remain on your carrier's server in an undelivered state for m days before they are discarded. M varies with the carriers, tends to be a low number.

Contact your carrier for the details of their system and your plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar