No mobile data on note 8

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was gifted a note 8 that was on t-mobile network. It is unlocked. I registered it on metropcs. I can make calls, send and receive text but the mobile data does not work. Since the phone was still under warranty with t-mobile (insurance replacement) and metropcs was unable to determine the issue. Even going thru the "engineers" didn't help. They said it was a defective phone. So we replaced it with another note 8 from t-mobile. Had the replacement phone unlocked only to have it do the same thing. It works just fine on the t-mobile network using a t-mobile sim but when a sim from metro is inserted we have the same problem of no mobile data. We have spent hours on the phone with tech support and changed sim cards, several factory resets. Changing APN settings etc. Putting in and out of airplane mode at one point we had it working for a few hours because we realized the factory resets were causing it to be locked again. So after we realized that, it started working, but like I said for only a couple of hours. It's hard to believe tech support didn't have us check that, we figured that out on our own. Now We noticed it stopped working again once it was disconnected from our home wifi. Since then we cannot get it to stay connected. We replaced the sim and it worked for about 30 seconds then stopped again. Anyone have a solution to this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Al Red Hornbeam

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
Me too well sort of I have data off and on its bizarre. I can watch the bars change from 3 to1 from 3to1 from 3 to 1 . 20 times in 30 seconds . I'm on straight talk . I was told last night by tech support that samsung put out a bulletin about a software problem . And to do the following.

Remove sim . Boot phone with no sim, factory reset ,connect to wifi , download software update . Power down insert sim power up . Appropriate apn settings..... didn't work for me but maybe it will for you . I'm no expert by any means . Just passing along what was told to me by higher tier tech support at st .

Al Red Hornbeam

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
I would flash it to the unlocked version firmware and see how your Metro sim works

That sounds like my kinda answer. After explaining the problem 20 times to tech support to have them arrogantly talk over me when I try to tell them I've tried their suggestions many times and can they please transfer me up to a higher level of tech support . I'm ready for some more aggressive tactics

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That sounds like my kinda answer. After explaining the problem 20 times to tech support to have them arrogantly talk over me when I try to tell them I've tried their suggestions many times and can they please transfer me up to a higher level of tech support . I'm ready for some more aggressive tactics
You know how to use odin?

Al Red Hornbeam

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
Cool . I'm on Samsung Odin website right now reading and reading . I'll gladly watch the videos . This thing was my whole replacement phone budget so if I brick it . I'm stuck using smoke signals . You had mentioned going to a Verizon store and picking up a sim or a prepaid Verizon sim should I do that before I try to flash

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Cool . I'm on Samsung Odin website right now reading and reading . I'll gladly watch the videos . This thing was my whole replacement phone budget so if I brick it . I'm stuck using smoke signals . You had mentioned going to a Verizon store and picking up a sim or a prepaid Verizon sim should I do that before I try to flash
Definitely try that first

MrGreen9333

Jan 14, 2021
Visit site
Me too well sort of I have data off and on its bizarre. I can watch the bars change from 3 to1 from 3to1 from 3 to 1 . 20 times in 30 seconds . I'm on straight talk . I was told last night by tech support that samsung put out a bulletin about a software problem . And to do the following.

Remove sim . Boot phone with no sim, factory reset ,connect to wifi , download software update . Power down insert sim power up . Appropriate apn settings..... didn't work for me but maybe it will for you . I'm no expert by any means . Just passing along what was told to me by higher tier tech support at st .

Did this work?... and is there a way to save Eveything on my phone before so..?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000