My Alcatel 1SE shuts down automatically at 20% or lower. This has occurred multiple times now. I doubt this is a battery problem as I purchased this device only a day ago. I have to plug in the charger for it to turn on again. The battery remains the same: if it turned off at 18% it'll still be 18% when I turn it on. What's causing this?
    elFCB likes this.
    10-14-2020 11:04 AM
    Hi, and welcome to Android Central Forums.

Just because it's new doesn't mean it can't have a defective battery. Some devices do turn off with a low battery to prevent you from prematurely killing your future battery life. Most schools of thought on battery longevity recommend you charging before you get that low. While I don't follow it to the letter, I try to put my phone back on charge when it gets down to 40 or 30%

Please consider creating an account so we can communicate further and better assist you. As a guest you are not able to reply any threads.

I have provided the link below so that you can register.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-14-2020 11:28 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree with Mike Dee, that sounds like a defect. Since the phone is brand new, I'd bring it back to the store and ask for an exchange. If it's outside the return window, then contact Alcatel for warranty repair/replacement.
    10-14-2020 12:10 PM
    Not that it's good to drain the battery that low. You should be recharging when it hits 50% - but no lower than 40%. (At 40% either charge or turn off.) If you keep draining it to 20%, you'll need a new battery a lot sooner than you should.
    10-15-2020 12:43 PM