I use to use Samsung Pay whenever I shopped at Home Depot and have bought several thousands of dollars worth of goods using it. Recently HD upgraded their POS card readers (Ingenico, I think) and now it always reads invalid card. This is a pretty big inconvenience for me since I carry limited payment cards now.

I also am unable to use it at Lowes but it has never worked consistently there.

At Menards and Ace Hardware, it works perfectly.
    Jeff Allen1 likes this.
    10-14-2020 02:22 PM
    Hi,

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-14-2020 02:37 PM
    You tried different location?
    10-14-2020 02:45 PM
    Their terminals might be outdated, they might have restrictions, or may require the associate to enter a special key first.
    I only have had trouble at Lowes.
    10-14-2020 03:01 PM
    I have used Samsung Pay at 3 the of the Home Depot stores near my home recently. Most recently last Tuesday.

The machines seemed a bit sensitive about the position of the phone, but they all worked.

Lowes I have never had an issue with. Also used it there twice last week for a home project I have been working on.

Edit: Note 20 Ultra being used if it matters.
    10-14-2020 03:38 PM
    I used Samsung Pay at Home Depot about an hour ago. Note 10+.
    SeanD_Colorado likes this.
    10-14-2020 05:49 PM
    I have had troubles with both lowes and home depot so I quit trying. wish you could put their cards into the lineup to use with samsung pay.
    Jeff Allen1 likes this.
    10-14-2020 05:55 PM
    I have had troubles with both lowes and home depot so I quit trying. wish you could put their cards into the lineup to use with samsung pay.
    You mean the Home Depot credit card? I haven't tried that. I just assumed it wouldn't work with Samsung pay.

The Lowes, at least the ones near me I have never had a problem with.

Home Depot I previously never had any issue with either. But they changed their terminals a few months ago and I found the new ones to be much more sensitive about placement and sometimes I have to do a retry.

I also found that some cases work more reliably than others. Thicker/heavier ones less reliable. But I have never had it not work.

The Nespresso store at the mall on the other hand..

For some reason it works fine if I select my Amex, but not with any of the Visa or MasterCard options that I have stored.
    10-14-2020 08:22 PM
    1. Samsung Pay has never worked at Lowes in NJ.
    2. Samsung Pay used to work with old Home Depot equipment in NJ but will not work with their new terminals.

The whole point of Samsung Pay technology was that "broadcasting the magnetic strip" was supposed to work anywhere. To me, it is pretty apparent that the new terminals are going out of their way to defeat this technology under the guise of "security". Can we all agree that Samsung Pay is dying?

https://www.retailwatchers.com/viewtopic.php?t=2610

For anyone saying "it works for me", it's pretty clear that you just happen to be lucky enough to live near a Home Depot that hasn't upgraded its terminals yet. Don't worry, your day will come and Samsun Pay will stop working there too.

p.s. I'm closing in on a million Samsung Pay rewards points. Should I buy the pack of gum or the bag of chips?
    11-20-2020 09:39 AM
    2. Samsung Pay used to work with old Home Depot equipment in NJ but will not work with their new terminals.

The whole point of Samsung Pay technology was that "broadcasting the magnetic strip" was supposed to work anywhere. To me, it is pretty apparent that the new terminals are going out of their way to defeat this technology under the guise of "security". Can we all agree that Samsung Pay is dying?

For anyone saying "it works for me", it's pretty clear that you just happen to be lucky enough to live near a Home Depot that hasn't upgraded its terminals yet. Don't worry, your day will come and Samsun Pay will stop working there too.

p.s. I'm closing in on a million Samsung Pay rewards points. Should I buy the pack of gum or the bag of chips?
    chips :-)
    11-20-2020 11:33 PM

I don't believe that is true about the Terminals. Both stores near my home upgraded their terminals late summer, I believe August. Samsung pay did not work for a brief period immediately after the upgrade, but soon after it began working again for me.

Perhaps stores that it still does not work for with the newer terminals have not done some software update or configuration?

Buy the gum. How many can say they can use Samsung Pay and chew gum at the same time

Edit: is it possible Home Depot may be using terminals from more than one vendor as they upgrade them?
    11-29-2020 01:53 PM