I have Overdrive on my Android phone and it reads non-DRM epub books located on the SD card without problem. I have Overdrive on my Samsung Tab S6 and it will download and open epub books from the library; however, it won't open any of my purchased and stored epub books unless I put them in the "App Storage" location, i.e., ../Android/com.overdrive.mobile.android.mediaconsole/files. I checked the Overdrive settings for file location on my phone. The settings are the same. I uninstalled and reinstalled Overdrive on my tablet multiple times. It makes no difference. I've de-authorized and re-authorized multiple times and it makes no difference. Using a file explorer to open an ebook stored on the SD card using the OverDrive app, I get "Error importing Open EPUB eBook (<path of ebook>).epub: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied) (Error code 1068)". But if I put them in the App Storage location, No problem. The settings show "Save downloaded titles to... App storage". I would like to keep storing my eBooks on the SD card.
    10-20-2020 01:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! While you wait for other responses here, it's worth also sending feedback to the developer: androidcontact@overdrive.com

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    10-20-2020 02:06 PM