The phone other than this camera glitch works perfectly. I changed the display board cos the previous was faulty with blinking screen incessantly. Suspecting the front camera to be spoilt i bought a new camera to replace but still fail to work..any advice out there?
    10-21-2020 06:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave comments please register an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html

You say "Display Board" do you mean the screen or a chip inside of the device?

If the issue with the camera occurred immediately after the repair why would you suspect the camera of being [spoiled] defective? Was there other damage or issues that lead to this repair that you didn't mention?

Looking up the camera for the S7 it has a Lego style connector for the front camera. These connectors are sometimes difficult to get properly aligned and fully seated. The connectors can also be damaged if they are forced into place. Since you performed the repairs yourself it sounds like I would recommend that you inspect both ends of the connections for damage. There is also a slight chance that one or more of the replacement parts are not compatible. As MFGrs produce a product they will at times change the production process and use different, resistors, chips and modules. They may be the same quality, manufacturer, and size but have a slight difference which could prevent them from being backward or forward compatible with other similar devices. My first instinct is an error during the repair though.
    10-21-2020 07:28 PM