BLU 5.0 Mega: Bad internet connection range

DirectMaker

Oct 22, 2020
Visit site
When I try to connect my android phone to wi-fi, I have to be at least 20 cm within range with no walls in-between. After it is connected, the range is about 2 meters. I know this is not my internets problem because my other phones and pcs work just fine. Is the problem that the phone is too old or is it outdated?

DirectMaker

Oct 22, 2020
Visit site
I have tried all of this, and this is my wi-fi network. As I said , I believe that this is not the wi-fi's fault but the phone's. I have to be very close to the router, and when it connects its pretty fast. How can I fix the range so I can connect from 3 rooms space?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz band?

When you say you tried all of this, I assume that means you've tried it on a different wi-fi network outside of your house, and its range is fine there?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It'd be helpful to see if the problem happens on other wi-fi networks as well. If it doesn't, then we can narrow the issue down to your router.

Do you know if you're using the 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz band? 5 GHz has faster speeds, but worse range than 2.4 GHz (and can be blocked more easily by walls and other physical obstructions).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon