Can't access my email accounts on my mobile.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Samsung J3 2016. Android v 5.1.1_0073.
Suddenly since Tuesday I am unable to access my email accounts (one ISP, two GMail) from the phone. It seems I have inadvertently disabled Master sync, but I can't find how I did it or how to reverse it.
My desktop, laptop and tablet (Samsung Galaxy S2) are all OK, so it's almost certainly a setting in the phone.
Any ideas welcome.

Paulbad

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Hmm. Ok, how about going to Settings>Apps, then tapping Menu, then Reset All App Preferences?

I don't have that menu path.

In Safe Mode I managed to find a rather circuitous way to manually sync my GMaail account, but not my ISP account. But it's realistically not an option.

It seems to me that all you're finding doesn't date back as far as Android 5. Thanks for your efforts, but don't waste any more time on it. Time for a new phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't have that menu path.

In Safe Mode I managed to find a rather circuitous way to manually sync my GMaail account, but not my ISP account. But it's realistically not an option.

It seems to me that all you're finding doesn't date back as far as Android 5. Thanks for your efforts, but don't waste any more time on it. Time for a new phone.
Let us know if you like any suggestions getting a newer phone , we be happy to assist

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh well, sorry about that! It can be tricky to figure out the options available on older Android versions, especially since the oldest version I have access to is Marshmallow on my old 2013 Nexus 7.:-\

Paulbad

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Let us know if you like any suggestions getting a newer phone , we be happy to assist

Thanks.

I am presently looking at:-
Samsung Galaxy A71, priced at between $A500 and $A750
Samsung Galaxy s20fe, priced at around $A1,000 (newer technology, but I'm not sure I need it all in light of the extra cost)
Samsung Galaxy A51 @ $420 to $A500.

I'm leaning towards the A71.

I'm not what you would call a power phone user. My primary computer is a twin monitor desktop. The phone is primarily a phone, GPS, camera, quick email checker when away from home and shopping aid.