10-24-2020 10:40 PM
30 12
tools Reply
    Samsung J3 2016. Android v 5.1.1_0073.
    Suddenly since Tuesday I am unable to access my email accounts (one ISP, two GMail) from the phone. It seems I have inadvertently disabled Master sync, but I can't find how I did it or how to reverse it.
    My desktop, laptop and tablet (Samsung Galaxy S2) are all OK, so it's almost certainly a setting in the phone.
    Any ideas welcome.
    10-23-2020 03:39 AM
    Welcome to Android Central. To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave comments please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html

Initially I thought your OS may be so old that it wasn't supported any longer because honestly everything stopping at the same time sounds like an app update that no longer supports Android 5. I looked at Gmail but in an article from earlier in the year says 5.0 or higher, which doesn't mean that this is still true.

What app are you using?

Have you tried to redo even one account to see if you can get one of them to work? You may end up having to set them all up again.

If you haven't been playing around in your settings and you haven't let anyone else, it's often children, mess with your device then I would rule out a incidental settings change.
    10-23-2020 03:50 AM
    Sharing this problem, I am forgetting my google account. I am having trouble not being able to re-login my account, I want to change another account, but cannot bypass the old account.
    10-23-2020 03:53 AM
    Sharing this problem, I am forgetting my google account. I am having trouble not being able to re-login my account, I want to change another account, but cannot bypass the old account.
    Actually - your issue is different. If you can't recall the password (or even the user name) for the account that was linked to the device, you're definitely going to have a problem. Unfortunately, we can't discuss bypassing the security feature that requires knowing that if you factory reset your device (which it sounds like is your issue).
    10-23-2020 05:30 AM
    The current Gmail app is still working fine on our ancient tablet running KitKat 4.4.2, so I doubt Lollipop 5 is the problem. This is a double post, Hallux already responded to this posters other post.

These need to be merged, I think this poster is trying to fish for a way to bypass the phones security.
    10-23-2020 05:53 AM
    Have you gone in settings >accounts > tap your email there and see if sync on ?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-23-2020 10:36 AM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    10-23-2020 01:01 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you post the original question in this thread, or do you mean that you have a similar problem?

Here's how to recover your Google account: Google Account Recovery. Your Google account is incredibly crucial for an Android phone, so don't get in the habit of forgetting it.
    10-23-2020 01:02 PM
    Firstly, and at the risk of offending some, let me say this forum's sign in routine is the most confusing I have ever encountered, and I have been a member (and even a moderator) of quite a few forums. I had signed up, but somehow my other post didn't recognise that fact.

Secondly, think what you like J Dubbs. Your unwarranted opinion is offensive in the extreme.

In answer to Vid Junky:-
    1. The app is the one that came with the phone. It has worked perfectly since new.
    2. I have deleted and redone one account. Result still the same.

Thanks to B Diddy for merging the theads.

In answer to mustang7757:-
    When I go to settings>accounts> I see "sync disabled". When I try to change it I see "Master sync has been disabled". There appears to be no other option, and I cannot figure out how to re-enable Master sync.
    10-23-2020 01:14 PM
    Firstly, and at the risk of offending some, let me say this forum's sign in routine is the most confusing I have ever encountered, and I have been a member (and even a moderator) of quite a few forums. I had signed up, but somehow my other post didn't recognise that fact.

Secondly, think what you like J Dubbs. Your unwarranted opinion is offensive in the extreme.

In answer to Vid Junky:-
    1. The app is the one that came with the phone. It has worked perfectly since new.
    2. I have deleted and redone one account. Result still the same.

Thanks to B Diddy for merging the theads.

In answer to mustang7757:-
    When I go to settings>accounts> I see "sync disabled". When I try to change it I see "Master sync has been disabled". There appears to be no other option, and I cannot figure out how to re-enable Master sync.
    Hi , welcome to AC!

Can you post a screen shot where you see the master sync ?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=413366

Also can you go to device administrator in settings and tell me if anything else is there besides find my phone?
    10-23-2020 03:43 PM
    And my reply to @Alfreda Robel somehow got lost in the merge..

That's a different issue, it sounds like that device has now been reset and that account information is going to be needed or the device is a "brick".
    10-23-2020 04:03 PM
    Screenshot attached
    Can't access my email accounts on my mobile.-screenshot_2020-10-24-06-05-21-1-.png
    But did it work?
    Under Device Administrators I have :-
    Screen lock service
    Google Pay
    Find My Device
    Screenshot attachedCan't access my email accounts on my mobile.-screenshot_2020-10-24-06-24-16.png
    10-23-2020 04:31 PM
    For what it's worth, I think J Dubbs was referring to the followup question by Alfreda Robel, which is a bit more concerning since it mentions forgetting their Google account (which is never a good way to go about using an Android device).

Also, I edited your screenshot above to hide your actual email address, for your privacy.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-23-2020 06:32 PM
    And my reply to @Alfreda Robel somehow got lost in the merge..
    Not sure why that got deleted -- I undeleted it.
    hallux and mustang7757 like this.
    10-23-2020 06:35 PM
    Screenshot attached
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-10-24-06-05-21 (1).png 
Views:	16 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	328152
    But did it work?
    Under Device Administrators I have :-
    Screen lock service
    Google Pay
    Find My Device
    Screenshot attachedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-10-24-06-24-16.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	328151
    Doesn't look like anything would be causing issues there , but deactivate screen lock just to test .
    10-23-2020 06:36 PM
    For what it's worth, I think J Dubbs was referring to the followup question by Alfreda Robel, which is a bit more concerning since it mentions forgetting their Google account (which is never a good way to go about using an Android device).

Also, I edited your screenshot above to hide your actual email address, for your privacy.
    Yes, You're probably right. Apologies, J Dubbs.

And thanks for the screenshot edit.
    B. Diddy and J Dubbs like this.
    10-23-2020 08:42 PM
    Doesn't look like anything would be causing issues there , but deactivate screen lock just to test .
    No luck, but thanks for trying. I'm suspecting an update has caused this. Android 5 is pretty antiquated. Time for a new phone, perhaps.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-23-2020 08:45 PM
    No luck, but thanks for trying. I'm suspecting an update has caused this. Android 5 is pretty antiquated. Time for a new phone, perhaps.
    Yeah , your thinking for a newer phone i agree , this on a very old android version 5.0 compared what rolling out android 11 , very far behind.
    10-23-2020 09:36 PM
    Do you have a sync toggle in your Quick Settings? If you don't see it, then edit your Quick Settings and see if it's available to add. Then add it, and see if it's turned on or off.
    10-23-2020 11:37 PM
    Do you have a sync toggle in your Quick Settings? If you don't see it, then edit your Quick Settings and see if it's available to add. Then add it, and see if it's turned on or off.
    Thanks. It's not there, and also not available to add.
    10-24-2020 02:46 AM
    10-24-2020 02:52 AM
    The path is slightly different in Android 5, but the result is the same. It purports to offer a means of manual sync for each account (I have three), but once again I run into the "sync disabled" brick wall.
    10-24-2020 03:05 AM
    Hmm. Ok, how about going to Settings>Apps, then tapping Menu, then Reset All App Preferences?

Also, see if this happens in Safe Mode: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...alaxy-j3-prime
    10-24-2020 03:10 AM
    Yes, You're probably right. Apologies, J Dubbs.

And thanks for the screenshot edit.
    Thanks, and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding
    10-24-2020 03:47 AM
    Hmm. Ok, how about going to Settings>Apps, then tapping Menu, then Reset All App Preferences?
    I don't have that menu path.

Also, see if this happens in Safe Mode: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...alaxy-j3-prime
    In Safe Mode I managed to find a rather circuitous way to manually sync my GMaail account, but not my ISP account. But it's realistically not an option.

It seems to me that all you're finding doesn't date back as far as Android 5. Thanks for your efforts, but don't waste any more time on it. Time for a new phone.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-24-2020 08:36 PM
30 12