Any way to enable USB Debug mode from computer either through ADB or simpler means to recover data ?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello , For starters I believe this is for an android 4.0 or so as the phone in question is from early 2014. My phone gets stuck on the carrier logo before booting and I have already tried clearing the cache and rebooting numerous times to no avail it still gets stuck there. I am trying to salvage important data such as contacts and photos , did not have google backup on to my knowledge and honestly can't even remember my login info. The only option I seem to have left is connecting it to a computer but it won't recognize and all the programs I've tried to extract the data says it needs to be in USB debugging mode first , which I cannot access due to the phone getting stuck at the carrier screen. I was wondering how I could enable USB debug through either ADB ( of which I do not know the steps and would appreciate direction ) or otherwise , or if there is any other methodology of salvaging my data that doesn't involve google backup. Would greatly appreciate any information/assistance. Regards.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You have important data on the phone and didn't do a back up , and now you can't remember your log in ?

Not much we can do to help with that, with old android version and phone its going be very hard to save or extract things . You can factory reset in recovery but you need to know your Google account information, and you would lose data .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The contacts weren't saved to your Google account? Go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser -- you don't see the contacts there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude