Asus Chromebook Space Bar Malfunction

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have the Asus C302C Chromebook. A great notebook except for one problem. About 25% of the time, maybe a little less, when I hit the space bar it doesn't take the hit. So when I look up a few words later I notice I have two words run together. This is very irritating. I've tried to train myself to always hit the bar in the middle instead of on the left or right part but that has been difficult.

I'm wondering if this can be fixed some way. Would it help to remove the space bar and re-insert it, hoping some dirt had Disturbed things. Is it a common problem many others have complained about because it has one of these flat keyboards; the name of which I can't remember. Maybe some other issue I haven't thought of?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well my first thought was just that, remove the spacebar and be sure the contacts and very thing is clean. Also do what you can to make it move smoothly in its little recess.

There may be just one contact that is in the middle of the key which is why it is difficult to activate when hit from the extreme edges, it just rocks instead of depressing. This caused me to wonder if you were able to build it up on the edges, make it taller on either end, then when it is depressed the end bottoms out and forces the whole key down. After all it is such a flat keyboard that it really doesn't give that haptic feedback of a full keyboard. I was thinking something like foam insulation tape. A thinner sort but that would give a little rise to the key.
Something like this maybe thinner... https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...3Dshoppingads%26locale%3Den-US&token=iERgaGwm
Being foam it wouldn't damage anything when closed and it would compress flat for closing the device.

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others reply please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss