S20+ Intermittent Connectivity Issues Impacting Text and Calls on T-Mobile (US)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 512 GB on T-Mobile, aquired at launch. I love the phone, but in recent weeks I've been having connectivity issues that neither I, ubreakifix (Samsung authorized repairs), Samsung, not T-Mobile have been able to resolve.

Often times, when I am texting with others, my connection will drop (even when on Wifi and 4G or 5G on TMO). This is not a function of a bad signal - I'm still sitting on my couch (like everyone else these days!). This means that, in the case of SMS, I either receive a "Waiting For Connection' notice or it just times out. For calls, it means I lose the call immediately. For reference, I have the max # of bars for TMO here and am sitting right next to my Wifi 6 router using Verizon FiOS. I've done the following without success:
1) T-Mobile store - Replaced my SIM
2) Ensured all software/OS is up-to-date
3) Tried a factory reset
4) Performed a reset of network settings (was optimistic about this one, but no success)
5) Set up a diagnosis/repair apointment at ubreakifix via Samsung, as the phone is under warranty
6) Ubreakifix ran diagnostics and attempted another OS reset, but claimed they could not resolve the issue. They claimed it was likely a motherboard issue and referred me to Samsung supprot.
7) Spent 60-90 minutes in a chat with Samsung and ended up with significantly higher blood pressure as a result, as they requested I send them my phone via UPS and be without a device for at least 10 days. I'll bite my tongue here, but it just is not an option for me to be without a device for that long.
8) Agent advised me to file a Samsung Care claim via Asurion, which would be a preferable experience from the bullet above EXCEPT they no longer stock my model phone. They have offered a S20 Ultra, but while the specs of that phone are admirable, it is even larger than my S20+ and I'd need yet another case.

Wanted to run the situation by the group here before I submit a claim for Premium Care to see if others are experiencing the same. Would really appreciate feedback from the group or if anyone else has been experiencing this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech