How can I clear the DRAFT notification off a text message when there is no text?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I had sent a picture from a movie to a friend of mine over a month ago and it still says DRAFT. I've sent texts since then and still, DRAFT. There is no text or anything that should lead it to say DRAFT. How can I clear this? It's not the end of the world just annoying to see.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you look in that message thread, are there any messages from you might not have been successfully sent? Scroll up and see.

taliealeigh

Nov 19, 2020
Visit site
I had sent a picture from a movie to a friend of mine over a month ago and it still says DRAFT. I've sent texts since then and still, DRAFT. There is no text or anything that should lead it to say DRAFT. How can I clear this? It's not the end of the world just annoying to see.

I'm having the same issue, and have looked for messages not sent, too, and see nothing. It is annoying.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I saw something like this before. Clearing the cache and data and all of that didn't work. What worked was uninstalling the app and installing it again. You shouldn't loose any of your messages or anything like. The app is only an interface and all of those are stored elsewhere. If this is a stock app, and seeing as how we don't know what device or OS, many stock apps are not able to be deleted but you may be able to remove the updates and then install them again. That might be enough... but you'd have to register and actually provide some more info and feedback or this whole thing is pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21