Can moto e5 be connected to ethernet?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Want to use ph with Ethernet. Would do so with an adapter. Read that it may not work if don't have the right driver.

Beatty 1

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
I went to the link. Found this info - Your android device needs to have the Ethernet drivers installed to use usb wired internet. Second, the type of usb Ethernet chipset matters in the adapters you buy. From where do I download the drivers. How do I find out the chipset?

Beatty 1

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
I looked at the chip setting for it and found that it won't work with Moto e5. I got one from newegg. Was shown there was same one on Amazon which stated works with Moto E5. Now to figure out how to install.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
You're equating the process of loading a driver with a desktop operating system like Windows. The issue being your device is running Android and manually installing drivers for added device support doesn't apply.
With Android, device firmware/driver support is going to be done via an app. Products you buy will either be supported by firmware that's already integral to Android already, or by installing an appropriate app. Stress appropriate as added device support is usually provided by the device manufacturer, and sometimes generically. So an Ethernet adapter may be usable out of the box, and work via the OTG supporting firmware without you having to install anything. Or it may require an appropriate app. Depends on the device, and the chipsets inside it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze