I log into my wife's Google account so we can share calander notifications. After today's update her contacts synced in alongside mine. I changed setting for her Google account to sync only calander like I did before but the phone app still shows her contacts. If I remove her account completely from my phone they disappear but only then. When I sign back into her account it automatically syncs everything so I can't even start woth only her calander. Any thoughts?
    11-17-2020 08:06 PM
    I log into my wife's Google account so we can share calander notifications. After today's update her contacts synced in alongside mine. I changed setting for her Google account to sync only calander like I did before but the phone app still shows her contacts. If I remove her account completely from my phone they disappear but only then. When I sign back into her account it automatically syncs everything so I can't even start woth only her calander. Any thoughts?
    Google accounts are funny I find on Android phones, in my opinion, and not funny in a good funny way. I find it very hard to discretely control sync for them because the phone automatically seems to try to sync everything about any google account you have. I have stopped using chrome browser for this reason also, because it will always try to stay logged in to any google account it knows about. Same with youTube.
    11-17-2020 08:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! As long as you don't have any of your own contacts saved to the local Phone account (as opposed to your Google account), then do this:

1. Turn off the Contacts sync toggle for her Google account.
    2. Go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, select Contact Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data.
    3. Open Contacts again, and give it a few seconds to re-sync to your own Google account. Her contacts should now be gone.

But in general, I would recommend removing her account from your phone completely. To share her calendar, it's much easier for her to simply share her calendar with you: https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37082?hl=en

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    11-17-2020 08:50 PM