Why won't the smartswitch program work on Apple Big Sur??

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I get a message that says "The program needs to be updated from the developer" I am trying to back up my Note 8. I am in 11.0.1 Big Sur. Are there any other ways to back this Note 8 up on this OS?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You're not the only one with issues, I found several conversations on Samsung and Apple pages but nobody with a solution.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Rizlared

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Just changed from iPhone to Galaxy S21 Ultra and found I cannot backup to my MacBook. a window appears that says Samsung is waiting for Apple to approve the app, but this forum shows it has not been working for months. Has anyone any idea when it will be approved?

Rizlared

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Apple or Samsung might.

That's because Big Sur came out a few months ago and the app hasn't been approved in that time.

Okay, thanks, just have to wait then but find it strange as Big Sur has been around since June last year for developers. Guess Samsung is not a developer. Not an auspicious start to Samsung maybe I made a mistake?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Not to be "that guy", but getting Android devices and Apple devices to talk to each other probably wasn't a high priority for either manufacturer.

lol, it 's so true though! I haven't upgraded to Big Sur yet (longest I've waited to do an OS upgrade on my personal Mac since I bought one in 2012) so I can't try it out myself. Shoot - I haven't even physically connected my Android devices to my new Mac to transfer images, I just rely on Google Photos or I send them through Bluetooth...

Batman 2021

Jun 13, 2021
Visit site
I have had same issue. Numerous conversations with Samsung who have no idea when it will be resolved. Only solution I found was to roll back my OS to Catalina. Smart Swich working now.
Just an update: Apple have said a new macOS Monterey is planned to be rolled out around October this year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz