Since my Wi-Fi connection previously read "Connected, no internet" I could not access any website. Hence I went into the Wi-Fi settings and clicked the "Forget" button to forget the WiFi network (home) which I was trying to access.

Then I tried to connect to the home WiFi again, this time it reads "Blocked". Why is that and how can I unblock it so that I can surf without trouble?

Extra info: I am using a VPN (openVPN)and AFWall+ on Android 10.
    12-04-2020 05:49 AM
    Hi, which phone/device?

Have you turn your VPN off to see if you get connected?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    12-04-2020 08:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Also see this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    12-04-2020 11:29 AM
    Since my Wi-Fi connection previously read "Connected, no internet" I could not access any website. Hence I went into the Wi-Fi settings and clicked the "Forget" button to forget the Wi-Fi network (home) which I was trying to access.

Then I tried to connect to the home Wi-Fi again, this time it reads "Blocked". Why is that and how can I unblock it so that I can surf without trouble?

My phone is rooted, to be more precise an ano-phone (www.ano-phone.com). Perhaps some of you might happen to use one and have encountered the same problem.

My VPN would not connect since I'm unable to connect to the internet.

Extra info: I am using a VPN (openVPN) and AFWall+ on Android 10.

Loads of thanks in advance for any reply.
    12-04-2020 04:15 PM
    Duplicate threads merged. See the above previous responses.
    12-04-2020 04:54 PM
    Hi
    Sorry for the duplicate. I'm having trouble with this forum. Actually I wanted to reply to mustang's feedback but I don't know how to do that. So this reply might look like it's a generic one... sorry again!

Well, I'm using an ano-phone (www.ano-phone.com) with an especially hardened version of Android 10. In fact, ano-phone uses a Cubot (hardware) but flashed their own OS on it to make it a secure smartphone. So in the end, it is software-wise no Cubot any more.

AFWall+ doesn't block my browser. I'm really unable to get Wi-Fi running, which is operating normally on my old smartphone and my computer.
    12-05-2020 12:21 AM
    Hi
    Sorry for the duplicate. I'm having trouble with this forum. Actually I wanted to reply to mustang's feedback but I don't know how to do that. So this reply might look like it's a generic one... sorry again!

Well, I'm using an ano-phone (www.ano-phone.com) with an especially hardened version of Android 10. In fact, ano-phone uses a Cubot (hardware) but flashed their own OS on it to make it a secure smartphone. So in the end, it is software-wise no Cubot any more.

AFWall+ doesn't block my browser. I'm really unable to get Wi-Fi running, which is operating normally on my old smartphone and my computer.
    I'm not familiar with this phone ,I have to read up on it , Im familiar with lot other Android phones .
    12-05-2020 01:07 AM
    Did you already look at the tips in my wi-fi guide that I linked previously?
    12-05-2020 01:36 AM
    If you are told the connection is blocked, I would be looking at router settings first.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-05-2020 03:55 AM
    Did you already look at the tips in my wi-fi guide that I linked previously?
    Thanks, not checked everything yet, but I've started.
    12-05-2020 08:52 AM
    I managed some workaround which I don't deem to be practical. Here it is:

1) disable AFWall+
    2) connect to home Wi-Fi
    3) launch browser and Start a website (it works!)
    4) enable AFWall+ again

After 4) my phone remains protected by VPN and AFWall+, and I can surf. I have to proceed this way after booting up my phone. This can't be it! Why having AFWall+ and VPN if I must turn them off for a few seconds in order to be able to surf?!
    12-05-2020 08:58 AM
    Try allowing the phone, DHCP (and maybe everything in UDP - that depends on AFWall) to go through. (It might take a custom script.) If AFWall blocks the phone, you can't connect to anything.
    12-11-2020 01:38 PM
    From Google Play:

AFWall+ (Android Firewall +) is a front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall.It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks (2G/3G and/or Wi-Fi and while in roaming). Also you can control traffic within LAN or while connected through VPN.
    And from your #1 above, sounds like the app may be causing the issue. Have you uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled? Sorry, had to ask.
    12-11-2020 02:29 PM