My Phone Goes to a bootloop every week

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone keeps getting a bootloop after a week or so, I keep reinstalling the Stock rom via Odin but for some reason after like a week my phone lags out way too much (Somehow Unusable) and so I will be forced to restart the phone which puts me in the Samsung logo for around 15 mins and if I'm unlucky (which happens most of the time) my device will be in a Bootloop so I will be forced to reinstall the rom and the cycle goes on and on..

Its really annoying since I have to flash the device several times in order to work.. Flashing it the first time doesn't fix the problem... Please help, Thankss
My Phone is a Samsung Note 5

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Bootloops can be caused by failing storage. As in it's becoming corrupted or damaged. Any type of storage only has so many read or write cycles before it starts failing. You may be at the point where you need to consider a new device.

Swaya1011

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
I'm the guy who asked the question.

I'm sorry for the late reply, I lost track of my post. Anyways, that's what I've been thinking, But is it also possible that I might have flashed the wrong firmware? My phone's model number was SM-N920C for sure but I wasn't sure about the Country/Carrier thing... So I went to SamMobile to download the firmware SM-N920C Turkey region. Could that possibly be the issue? I'm not sure if my phone had Turkey, UAE... etc region but I installed the turkey one. Or could it be like a virus deep inside my phone? I'm not that good with this firmware stuff haha.. Thanks

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry for the late reply, I lost track of my post. Anyways, that's what I've been thinking, But is it also possible that I might have flashed the wrong firmware? My phone's model number was SM-N920C for sure but I wasn't sure about the Country/Carrier thing... So I went to SamMobile to download the firmware SM-N920C Turkey region. Could that possibly be the issue? I'm not sure if my phone had Turkey, UAE... etc region but I installed the turkey one. Or could it be like a virus deep inside my phone? I'm not that good with this firmware stuff haha.. Thanks
Do you have the box? It will have the model number and someone might be able to see which exact ROM should be flashed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Go into download mode, take a clear picture of it and post here.

Yes downloading wrong firmware can bootloop (brick) your phone.

Swaya1011

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
I don't really have a camera to take a picture of it but here's what's shown

ODIN MODE
DOWNLOAD SPEED: FAST
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N920C
CA_ TYPE CA_2
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
FRP LOCK: OFF
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLED
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1 (0x030C)
RP SWREV: B:5 K:0 S:1

File I Flash using Odin
MD5 FILE: N920CXXU5CRL3_N920COJV4CRB3_N920CXXU5CRL1_HOME.tar.md5
ZIP FILE: TUR-N920CXXU5CRL3-20190117144207.ZIP
Note: The md5 file is the file I got from the zip file

Since you might ask... Yes I rooted my phone (Magisk) and installed twrp so that I can make my life way easier.....Since it occurs pretty frequently I needed titanium backup to restore the apps that I used to have without going to the hassle of using Wifi to reinstall them.
And at times I dont have my laptop I use twrp to recover everything at some point in time

Swaya1011

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
Extra Information

After flash my phone feels brand new, Then after a day or two apps just start crashing (Process.System, System.UI, Touchwiz Home, Facebook, Google Play... etc) then sometimes the phone would freeze especially when process system is not responding then I just bear with it till it becomes unusable. I mean by unusable is freezing, apps crashing continuously non stop, then at last a bootloop

And I also don't have the box because the phone was just given to me

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't really have a camera to take a picture of it but here's what's shown

ODIN MODE
DOWNLOAD SPEED: FAST
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N920C
CA_ TYPE CA_2
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
FRP LOCK: OFF
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLED
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1 (0x030C)
RP SWREV: B:5 K:0 S:1

File I Flash using Odin
MD5 FILE: N920CXXU5CRL3_N920COJV4CRB3_N920CXXU5CRL1_HOME.tar.md5
ZIP FILE: TUR-N920CXXU5CRL3-20190117144207.ZIP
Note: The md5 file is the file I got from the zip file

Since you might ask... Yes I rooted my phone (Magisk) and installed twrp so that I can make my life way easier.....Since it occurs pretty frequently I needed titanium backup to restore the apps that I used to have without going to the hassle of using Wifi to reinstall them.
And at times I dont have my laptop I use twrp to recover everything at some point in time
Thanks , I can see you rooted, you Tripp Knox, so Samsung pass,pay , etc won't work.

How did you go about flashing ?
You put all 4 files into odin and flashed ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In the AP option I placed the MD5 file I stated above, It wasnt 4 files just one
Yeah thats wrong way of doing it , need to download frija tool and put your model number and region then press download and extract the file it will show BP/AP/CS/CSC , put in their corresponding slots in Odin.

Example20201229_190258.jpeg

Swaya1011

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
Well my phone's more problematic now..... It's now freezing even when the system is shut down I used the Power+Volume down button to restart it several times but its just stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Powered by Android area, then I restart it and plug the Charger it just shows the battery with a lightning in it along with the red LED and its frozen, its still there even when I remove the cable, LED still red and the Lightnings still there.
Is this a sign of failing hardware? And can it be repaired? I only have around 50$-80$ for fixing would it fit?

Swaya1011

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
My phone is now frozen even when its shut down... Its stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Powered By android area. I restart using the power+vol down button but it doesn't work same result when I try to boot TWRP, When I charge it just shows the Lightning and red LED frozen, When I remove cable the lightning and red LED is still there.
Is this a Sign of Failing Hardware? Can it be fixed? I only have around 80$ for repair would it fit?

And the phone cant be flashed anymore... Its stuck at System.img

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone is now frozen even when its shut down... Its stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Powered By android area. I restart using the power+vol down button but it doesn't work same result when I try to boot TWRP, When I charge it just shows the Lightning and red LED frozen, When I remove cable the lightning and red LED is still there.
Is this a Sign of Failing Hardware? Can it be fixed? I only have around 80$ for repair would it fit?

And the phone cant be flashed anymore... Its stuck at System.img

Been a while since I have done any reflashing of firmware. I'd almost say the device is toast. The cash you have for repair would be better spent on a new device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084