I got a new assurance wirelessphone today and when I try to connect to my home wifi it sais disabled but when I turn off the security it will cannect it don't make any sense at all
    12-12-2020 03:56 AM
    Well to help answer this we will need some more information.

What device is it exactly? Samsung whatever, Moto whatever, which device do you have?

Since it will connect without security it could be the type of security that isn't compatible with the device. Have you tried changing your security protocol? WEP, WPA, WPA2...?

Have you tried reaching out to Assurance's customer service line? As the seller/supplier of the device, they are likely to have fielded this question in the past and may have a ready answer for its customers. Plus being a customer they would likely want to keep you happy and in their ranks so I'm sure they would want to help you with this.

To reply and receive notifications when others reply please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html
    12-12-2020 05:47 AM
    It sounds as if the phone doesn't handle the kind of security you have set up in your router. (Samsung Note 3s, at one version, didn't support TKIP.)
    12-12-2020 01:37 PM
    I got a new assurance wirelessphone UMX and when I try to connect to my home wifi it sais disabled but when I take the security off my wifi it will cannect how can I cannect without taking off the security
    12-12-2020 08:12 PM
    Duplicate threads merged. Please review the previous responses.
    12-12-2020 09:22 PM
    Try changing the security in the router (WEP [which would mean that the phone is a very insecure phone], AES, TKIP). If that works, keep the new security, and reconnect all your other devices. (They'll still keep trying the old security setting.) If it doesn't work, just set the security in the router back to what it was, and accept that, probably, the "security" in the phone is a bit abnormal.
    12-14-2020 04:38 PM