Text issues

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I moved all of my texts to a new phone it's split a lot of the conversations and reordered them a bit. I haven't seem to figure out a fixed but how do I get them back together again. They aren't group conversations they are just one to one. It did them with a lot of them and those conversations are now unreadable and gone forever. Anyway to get them back together?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Which old phone? What version of android?
Which new phone? What version of android?
How were the texts transferred? (Which backup app, which restore app, what file format)
Which SMS texting app are you using on the new phone?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

We will need the answer to ManiacJoe's questions but my question is do you still have the original device? That's going to be the key to answering this.

As it stands I would say No there's no way to reorganize conversations to put them back together. If you still have the other device there's a chance that backing up your SMS with an app/service like MyBackup Pro might be able to but without the other device there's not really much of a chance.

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others reply please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

P.S. I mean the conversations have to still be intact on the other device, not simply having the other device is enough. Hopefully you haven't factory reset it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams