Tried to follow on-line instructions, but it appears my phone does not have this capability.
    12-20-2020 10:13 AM
    The a5 should have that option, but it's strongly not suggested because sd card can get corrupt,cause system freeze,slower write speeds.
    If storage is a issue try getting something a little newer with more storage as this device already hit limitations with its Andriod version its running and compatibility with apps and other issue .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    12-20-2020 10:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Samsung chose not to implement Adoptable Storage (which is the ability to format a card as Internal Storage, and therefore install an app directly to the SD card), primarily because it's an unreliable method of expanding app storage. That old phone might still support the ability to "Move to SD" (i.e., move a certain amount of the app's files/data to the SD card), but the portion that's moved is often relatively small, and there always has to be a significant part of the app remaining on Internal Storage. Not all apps can be moved -- it depends on the developer.

Go to Settings>Apps, and select an app. If you see a Move to SD option there, then you can do it. If you don't see the button, it's not possible for that app.

The S5 is very old, and therefore you'll see more and more app incompatibility as time goes by. In addition, it also has a lot of unpatched security flaws. I would highly recommend upgrading to a more recent phone.
    12-20-2020 12:06 PM