Google Voice "Ask each time you make a call" not working

usmyrmss

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
I recently moved from a Samsung Galaxy J7 V to a Motorola moto g stylus.
On the Samsung I had Google voice set up to "Ask each time you make a call" which worked as expected. Initiate a call; a box pops up asking if you want to use the Google voice number, or the Carrier number; you make your choice; dialing begins.
On the Motorola I have the same Google voice set up, but the following happens. Initiate a call; DIALING BEGINS; a box pops up asking if you want to use the Google voice number, or the Carrier number; IF you make a choice, a second call is started.

At one point, another message was popping up just after the Google "Ask" box appears to asking to continue using "Call Management" or Skype. I went to System>Apps and stopped "Call Management" (a system app), the message asking about it or Skype stopped.

Model: moto g stylus
Android version: 10
Build number: QPR30.80-58-8-3

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Ordinarily I would suggest that something like this be posted in the forum for the device but it doesn't appear that one has been started for that device here at Android Central. There is a Moto G forum that looks like they are fielding all of the G devices although it looks like it was started for the device that released in 2013???

Anyway barring a moderator coming along with a bit more knowledge about if there is a better place to ask this question.

Well a quick Google seems to have turned up a somewhat similar issue. In the thread a user wants to redirect calls exclusively through GV. I know this is not what you are trying to do but on page two a new permission is found which may play to your issue as well. Here is excerpt from that post...

"Go to System Settings > Apps and Notifications > Default Apps > Call redirecting app and select Voice. Then the phone app will let you redirect calls through Google Voice."

While the tread was started for the G Power the excerpt is about the G Stylus. If you would like to look deeper into the thread for other suggestions you can find it at this link... https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/moto-g...ot-working-on-Moto-G-Power/m-p/5017126?page=2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes