I bought the LG journey only for the purpose of my toddler to use in Wi-Fi. We are buying a phone plan. When the phone screen turns off then when turned back on, the phone makes a busy signal sound. A sound like if I were to call a landland someone is on the phone....How do I get it to not make the busy sound?
    Kmillercrna likes this.
    12-22-2020 10:04 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is that sound coming from the earpiece speaker or the main speaker? Does the sound stop on its own, or does it keep going?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    12-22-2020 12:53 PM
    This is a brand new phone just gave it to my daughter for Xmas! The first time ever turning on this phone a beeping noise started immediately that sounded like a busy signal for an outgoing call but yet this phone is not activated and like I said this was the first time turning it on. When I restarted the phone it stopped so I thought something just happened to glitch but now this noise randomly happens and only stops when the phone is restarted and now my daughter is having issues with sound! The volume will be turned all the way up with nothing connected and no sound whatsoever and even restarting the phone did nothing then all of a sudden itll start working again on its own! I would really like to know if this is an issue that can be fixed or if I'm going to have to return the phone or try a warrantee claim because this is 2 issues now on a brand new phone!
    01-02-2021 05:40 PM
    Which phone ?
    Factory reset it .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    01-02-2021 05:53 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If the phone has NFC, try turning that off and see if the tone goes away.
    01-04-2021 12:49 PM
    I have a phone that is doing the same..is there a solution to this? It has that sound and then it stops but then starts again and it is more coming from the speaker.
    01-18-2021 09:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Does it happen if you turn off NFC?
    01-18-2021 10:27 PM
    I have a Journey doing the same thing. Any solution?
    01-19-2021 01:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Looks like the LG Journey doesn't have NFC, so we can eliminate that as a possibility in your case. How often does this happen? The next time it happens, see if it shows up in your Notification Log: https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/19/...ry-how-to-view
    01-19-2021 02:35 PM
    I have the same problem with my son's phone. It's an inactivated Tracfone Journey. He uses it for camera/video/games/wi-fi. A few days ago it started randomly making the busy signal noise. I have soft set, hard set, and factory reset the phone. It's still an issue. Help?
    01-26-2021 02:51 PM
    That's a "reorder" tone, and may be due to the fact that there's no SIM in the phone (or, if there is one, it's not activated).
    01-27-2021 01:46 PM
    Lg journey, tracfone carrier

I'm having this issue also.
    I'm trying to find an answer because this is so random! It not caused by any specific action, app, or even malware.(pretty sure.. Read on for why)

So my wife got this phone more or less to play on wifi and give it to one of our children. Upon turning on from unboxing, the phone was set down for the start up. She prefers I do start-up and installation of most everything for consistency purposes. The phone never had the SIM nor had it accessed the wifi when she swears she heard it ringing as if she made a phone call.

I took it with a grain of salt, but in the next week she had told me nearly 8 to 12 times it sounded like it was calling someone but the screen showed nothing at all. Most cases it was ringing like calling someone but it also had a second noise it made which is the busy tone.

I broke my old phone and got another that was identical to hers. I set it up and transferred my date. It didn't take long to hear my phone do the exact same thing as hers. It's not as if it's truly calling anyone but it definitely is an annoyance. Even google searching for this was suggesting it is phantom calls, which is basically hearing things that are not happening!
    I've left my phone alone as this started once to see how long it will last, it can ring nearly 3 minutes if uninterrupted.

But my long story over with, here is my question, why, and can it be stopped?

It definitely comes from the speaker but almost quiet enough you could mistake the ear piece being on max volume
    03-03-2021 04:28 AM
    I'm having the same issue it is making a busy sound is there a way to stop it it is really annoying! Please help make the busy sound go away. My other issue is I am unable to activate my new phone. I just got a LG Journey for TracFone I'm having trouble activating it seems some of the TracFone website is down, can't sign in and the app on my old TracFone works but it has errors too. Any help would be apricated.
    03-17-2021 05:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to contact a human Tracfone agent by phone?
    03-17-2021 05:53 PM
    I too are having problems with Journey. Every time I turn it on the busy signal will go on for about 3 mins. I am only wifi and I am not using it for calling. It is for my grandson to watch utube. It is annoying when this happens. What should I do Return the phone?
    03-21-2021 09:28 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I merged similar threads, and you can now see in Rukbat's post that it appears to be due to the fact that there's no valid SIM inserted. Not sure if there's anything you can do about that.
    03-21-2021 01:21 PM
    Im having this problem as well .. Same phone as everyone else...Samsung Journey. Constant busy signal on external speaker, super annoying, comes on right after reboot and never stops...

Anyone find a solution to this?

Thanks in advance!
    -C
    08-16-2021 02:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you looked through this thread yet? Is your SIM valid? it's worth contacting your carrier to see if the SIM needs to be replaced, or perhaps if your account needs to be topped up with minutes (if you have a prepaid plan).
    08-16-2021 02:44 PM
    My daughters phone was doing this. She only uses it to play games and watch YouTube After much frustration, I deleted all recreational apps and removed the SIM card. The SIM card wasn't needed for this phone so no problem. IT WORKED! She will be downloading more apps again. I can only imagine maybe it was associated with maybe one of her downloaded games? Maybe it was the unused SIM card? All I know is that it worked. Best of luck to you all!
    10-06-2021 04:36 PM
    My daughters phone was doing this. She only uses it to play games and watch YouTube After much frustration, I deleted all recreational apps and removed the SIM card. The SIM card wasn't needed for this phone so no problem. IT WORKED! She will be downloading more apps again. I can only imagine maybe it was associated with maybe one of her downloaded games? Maybe it was the unused SIM card? All I know is that it worked. Best of luck to you all!
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    Thanks for posting your findings.
    10-06-2021 10:48 PM
    Tracfone sells these phones cheap so you buy minutes, if you remove the sim card the noise goes away, so now you can just use Wi-Fi and not get annoyed by tracfone trying to make you buy more minutes with the annoying busy signal
    10-16-2021 07:21 PM