Separate Notification Sound For Gmail and Messages

duurmeehr

Dec 25, 2020
Visit site
I have a new Moto G Power. I want a separate notification sound for Gmail and Messages.

I am using the Gmail app for email and the Message+ app for texting.

My carrier is Verizon. This is the Moto G Power that is unlocked for all carriers from Amazon.

I have been reading that you can go to each app and select a separate sound like I always did on Galaxy but this phone does not have a section to change it on each app, only a place under settings/notifications.

Any ideas please.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Apps menu for each of those apps after you tap the Notifications option. Oftentimes, you have to tap the word​ and not the toggle switch to get more options.

duurmeehr

Dec 25, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Apps menu for each of those apps after you tap the Notifications option. Oftentimes, you have to tap the word​ and not the toggle switch to get more options.

That was the ticket, it was blowing my mind.

Settings/App & Notifications/See All Apps/(click on the app you need to set, Gmail in this case/Notifications/toggle show notifications to "on" at the top/toggle show notifications to "on" under your account name/touch the word "mail"/highlight "alerting"/touch "advanced"/touch "sound"/select the tone you want to use

The messages app was basically the same, just lacked a couple of the steps. It was kind of intuitive once you pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze