Locked my Note 8 completely - All my data is encrypted - please help

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello guys

I have the following problem.

I have completely locked my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Android 9) by entering the code/pattern incorrectly multiple times - congratulations on my stupidity.🤦

sorry, my English skills are not good.

I contacted Samsung customer service via email. They have not contacted me until today and that is now over two months ago.

When restarting my cellphone there comes the following error message:

"Verification failed your device cannot be restarted. The integrity check has failed. You have to reset your device to factory settings. This will delete all of your data."

All my data is encrypted.

My questions are::

1# Is there a possibility to backup all my data?

If yes, how ? Who could help me with this?

2# What do I have to do?

3# What do I have to pay attention to?

4# Is it possible to delete or reset this request?

5# Are there any programs that can help me?

6# how do i decrypt all my data?

My smartphone has never been rooted/flashed, I bought it from Vodafone store back in the day.

My main priority is to backup all my data. (e.g. also Safe Folder (content), protected notes, photos, contacts, ...).
It is difficult for me to understand all the instructions or descriptions (here/general) right away, but I am trying hard to change that and see it as an incentive to understand everything.

I thank you for your tips and suggestions, in case of misunderstandings feel free to contact me.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
"Verification failed your device cannot be restarted. The integrity check has failed. You have to reset your device to factory settings. This will delete all of your data."
This is showing on a text screen during boot?

1# Is there a possibility to backup all my data?

If yes, how ? Who could help me with this?
You may not need to, see below

2# What do I have to do?

3# What do I have to pay attention to?

4# Is it possible to delete or reset this request?

5# Are there any programs that can help me?
See this XDA thread, the folks there are pretty smart, some seem to have recovered from this error. Whatever you do - DO NOT SELECT TO WIPE!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/verification-failed-unable-to-restart-your-device.3633942/

My main priority is to backup all my data. (e.g. also Safe Folder (content), protected notes, photos, contacts, ...).
Problem is, if the device doesn't boot and doesn't decrypt your data because it doesn't boot, your data can't be accessed. This is kind of the point. My suggestion for the future - if the data is REALLY that important, HAVE A BACKUP! I have FOUR copies of pictures from trips I've taken - on my computer itself, in my Time Machine backup of that computer, in a cloud backup account and SD cards that are taken out of "rotation" and labeled for each trip. I can't recreate those pictures so I make sure they're safe, same applies to documents.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon