Hello all . I just recently put the finishing touches on my galaxy a20 . I need to pick a replacement . This phone needs to be able to hook directly to a tv with a cable and adapter for screen mirroring. Durability is a huge factor . I am less then impressed with Samsung as of late but if that's the best choice so be it . Price range is 200 dollars used is alright . What's everyone think ? Brand model? Thank you in advance
    01-04-2021 10:00 PM
    Welcome as a new member.

Some of us are reluctant to recommend particular brands, believing that it is for manufacturers to persuade people to buy. But please don’t think that we are ignoring you.
    01-05-2021 02:46 PM
    Think I'm signed in lol. Hmmm I definitely did think in was just getting ignored. How about a list of semi current phones with usbc video out ?
    01-05-2021 06:35 PM
    I shall call for assistance.
    Al Red Hornbeam likes this.
    01-05-2021 06:43 PM
    I'm just looking for a phone that I can hook to my tv to screencast with a cable usbc . A actual list of phones from the last say 3 years would help a lot.
    01-05-2021 06:43 PM
    I merged your similar threads (making sure to keep the more specific thread title asking about a list of phones that are capable of video out), so that we don't get parallel threads going.
    01-05-2021 06:46 PM
    Oh hey, look here: https://en.everybodywiki.com/List_of...put_over_USB-C

Only for devices with USB-C ports, but it's a start.
    belodion likes this.
    01-05-2021 06:53 PM
    I'm just looking for a phone that I can hook to my tv to screencast with a cable usbc . A actual list of phones from the last say 3 years would help a lot.
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    Probably stick with Samsung
    01-05-2021 08:22 PM
    Yeah I saw that one its incomplete and inaccurate. But thank you for trying
    01-05-2021 08:24 PM
    I think that the Dex Compatible phones would work. You may be able to get a cheap second hand S9 within your budget. That has hdmi out. I don't know about the A series because the A21s is a decent phone for around $200, but I don't know if it is hdmi over usb-c compatible. The only ones I know for sure are the s9, note 8 perhaps, but definitely the 9 series Samsung definitely supports it.
    belodion likes this.
    01-05-2021 08:43 PM
    Maybe some newish Huawei habe compatibility as well cos they also have a desktop pc mode and work with a cable and screen. But I am not sure which ones and their prices.
    01-05-2021 08:45 PM
    I may stick with samsung but I am really really really disappointed with the a20 I just had it did not have any way of sending video to the tv through wire. It had horrible reception. And broke if you sneezed on it . There are used s9+ s for around 200 in the albany ny area on craigslist but i read some horrible reviews . Fragile screen , camera dosen't live up to the hype ect
    01-05-2021 09:21 PM
    I think that the Dex Compatible phones would work. You may be able to get a cheap second hand S9 within your budget. That has hdmi out. I don't know about the A series because the A21s is a decent phone for around $200, but I don't know if it is hdmi over usb-c compatible. The only ones I know for sure are the s9, note 8 perhaps, but definitely the 9 series Samsung definitely supports it.
    As far as I have found no support on the a series
    01-05-2021 09:22 PM
    Maybe some newish Huawei habe compatibility as well cos they also have a desktop pc mode and work with a cable and screen. But I am not sure which ones and their prices.
    Idk about Huawei I'm a BIG privacy guy . Location on only if I get lost try to avoid google entirely. Not that I'm doing anything wrong ...mostly...but the underhanded ways they go about harvesting my data ..just feels wrong . Being able to remove the. Battery is a huge plus too .. alas maybe I'm stuck with samsung . I sure feel ripped off with my a20 and I know someone with an a 50 that feel a the same way
    01-05-2021 09:28 PM
    I may stick with samsung but I am really really really disappointed with the a20 I just had it did not have any way of sending video to the tv through wire. It had horrible reception. And broke if you sneezed on it . There are used s9+ s for around 200 in the albany ny area on craigslist but i read some horrible reviews . Fragile screen , camera dosen't live up to the hype ect
    I had the s9+ , it was very good device and a flagship when it came out .
    01-05-2021 09:29 PM
    I guess my biggest concerns with those are . Screen curve interfering with operation and the Screen being very fragile . Some times I have to crawl through cramped unpleasant places I have broken several screens in my pocket . Reception is big too my a20 would always have half the service of the a 50 in the same room . Is that listed in the specs ? Antenna strength I mean.
    01-06-2021 09:50 AM
    I guess my biggest concerns with those are . Screen curve interfering with operation and the Screen being very fragile . Some times I have to crawl through cramped unpleasant places I have broken several screens in my pocket . Reception is big too my a20 would always have half the service of the a 50 in the same room . Is that listed in the specs ? Antenna strength I mean.
    not sure antenna strength will be in the specs sheet
    01-06-2021 09:52 AM