Bought a used " unlocked " s9 off facebook market place . Tmobile has it network blocked .

Al Red Hornbeam

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
So I bought an s9 advertised as unlocked for all carriers. There is an app that says t mobile unlock device . This says ineligible for unlocking . I called t mobile they said that they can prolly unlock it but need to speak to the previous owner . He says he is calling at lunch time. How screwed am I here ? I checked the imei it doesn't appear to be black listed .

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Red Hornbeam

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
Re: Bought a used " unlocked " s9 off facebook market place . Tmobile has it network blocked .

Update
Bought the straight talk bring your own phone kit . I wasn't 100% sure that's what mustang7757 and figured I could still change sims after I was registered on the network . And boy have I had some problems with that . Last night it was mobile data or the ability to call but not both at the same time . T mobile wants to handle the system updates . I did a factory reset this am and added in the apn exactly as it was in my old phone . So far so good besides t mobile wanting to stick there hands in everywhere. How long this will last I have no idea .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Bought a used " unlocked " s9 off facebook market place . Tmobile has it network blocked .

Update
Bought the straight talk bring your own phone kit . I wasn't 100% sure that's what mustang7757 and figured I could still change sims after I was registered on the network . And boy have I had some problems with that . Last night it was mobile data or the ability to call but not both at the same time . T mobile wants to handle the system updates . I did a factory reset this am and added in the apn exactly as it was in my old phone . So far so good besides t mobile wanting to stick there hands in everywhere. How long this will last I have no idea .
Thats great , hopefully stay good

Al Red Hornbeam

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site

T mobile will only let it do a software update in wifi that kinda screws me as I live in a rural area ....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer