[MEGATHREAD] Hiteker, UTab, Score, and other prison devices

Scott Westen

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Can I use an external SD Card reader on my moto g? It is the prepaid Verizon edition?

I would like to transfer files to a tablet.

My friend is getting out of the big house in a couple of weeks. He has a u-tab7 from union supply, which is a locked down tablet. He said once he gets out he can't put more stuff on it.

I bet him I could do it using my phone.

Then he tells me that the tablet is locked down and he can only access it through their menu and that only allows songs etc from that company.

I am on a quest to hack that tablet. Any thoughts?

CEBaker

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Hack a u-tab7 prison edition

Did you have any luck with this in the end? My boyfriend is coming home with one soon and we're having the same problem. But I guess now they made them all get updated operating systems with a security feature that we've heard erases data from sd cards inserted with data that didn't come directly from Union Supply. Any advice?

S Diavante

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Hack a u-tab7 prison edition

Here's what I can tell you about the utab7. It has a mini USB port (not micro) and comes with a small non proprietary sdcard reader that hooks to that port. There is no on board SD card reader. There are no external buttons besides power. Union ships a 4GB SD card to the prison. On that card is a fat 32 partition with the file system offset by 4096 bytes. It appears wiped. Using an unformat utility, files show up. The two biggest files are the apk installers and music. They are sha1 aes encrypted. When the apks listed in a separate text file match, the tablet performs what I call an unwipe, then it unencrypts the files, installs them, and rewipes the card. I have the raw 200 Meg image of an unmolested 4GB card straight from Union. If anyone wants to play with the unencryption game. It's over my head, I'm at my limits here. If there's still interest, let me know.

eric msaky

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Here's what I can tell you about the utab7. It has a mini USB port (not micro) and comes with a small non proprietary sdcard reader that hooks to that port. There is no on board SD card reader. There are no external buttons besides power. Union ships a 4GB SD card to the prison. On that card is a fat 32 partition with the file system offset by 4096 bytes. It appears wiped. Using an unformat utility, files show up. The two biggest files are the apk installers and music. They are sha1 aes encrypted. When the apks listed in a separate text file match, the tablet performs what I call an unwipe, then it unencrypts the files, installs them, and rewipes the card. I have the raw 200 Meg image of an unmolested 4GB card straight from Union. If anyone wants to play with the unencryption game. It's over my head, I'm at my limits here. If there's still interest, let me know.

Press send me a copy of your raw image. (Google drive link) I'd like to play around with it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AC Question

How do you reset a u-tab7 prison tablet?

He is in Colorado. When you hit the on button the utab logo comes on the screen but then does nothing further. Can the utab be reset or rebooted to make it work once again?

A

AC Question

My son in Colorado prison needs to reset a u-tab7 prison tablet?

When he turns it on it stalls at the start logo,

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can i override the developers password on my hiteker tablet U704RC

Welcome to the forums. What do you mean by developers password?

Edit by @belodion nearly 3y later: I don't think you're going to get an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AC Question

[MEGATHREAD] Hiteker prison devices

I bought hiteker u704rc while I was incarcerated. Is there a way to open the device setting if this model don't have any volume buttons?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by opening the device settings? Are you talking about the system settings? The volume buttons wouldn't have anything to do with that. Is this a device that gives restricted access to the user, since it was intended for inmates?