how do you clear cache partition on s10 plus

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i did the new ui3 update on my phone yesterday, today i tried clearing the cache holding the right buttone on a switched off phone. but it didnt work, just turned phone back on. any advice how to do it please

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Connect your switched off phone to a PC with a USB cable.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That one doesn't include the step of connecting to a PC, which was introduced recently.

Oh, good to know, thanks! Do you know if that's device-specific or update-specific? (In other words, did a recent system update make it so that devices need to be connected to a PC in order to get to Recovery?)

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Any Android device has its internal storage divided into several partitions, and at one time this included one of them being its own system cache partition. But as of Nougat (7), Android has slowly been eliminating the need for a separate system cache partition, so your phone may or may not even have a system cache partition but this all depends on what model phone you have. New(er) devices now use a different partition table/file system to accommodate 'Seamless Updating'.
https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/23/google-killed-cache-partition-android/

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any Android device has its internal storage divided into several partitions, and at one time this included one of them being its own system cache partition. But as of Nougat (7), Android has slowly been eliminating the need for a separate system cache partition, so your phone may or may not even have a system cache partition but this all depends on what model phone you have. New(er) devices now use a different partition table/file system to accommodate 'Seamless Updating'.
https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/23/google-killed-cache-partition-android/

That's very true, but Samsung hasn't moved on to dual A/B partitions yet, even with their latest flagships.

Ajjoxx

Jan 28, 2021
Visit site
I have tried everything but I cannot open cache partition. I turn off the phone and connect the usb cable to the computer and the phone. Then I press volume up + bixby button + start. I then release all three as soon as the s10+ logo is visible, but it doesn't work. It only starts up again. Why doesn't it work?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have tried everything but I cannot open cache partition. I turn off the phone and connect the usb cable to the computer and the phone. Then I press volume up + bixby button + start. I then release all three as soon as the s10+ logo is visible, but it doesn't work. It only starts up again. Why doesn't it work?
I answered this on your other post about the subject. PLease read it there. You have to use a windows pc, plug it in with windows signed in. PRESS VOLUME UP + POWER ONLY. DO NOT RELEASE UNTIL THE ANDROID BUG IS ON THE SCREEN.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got Android 11 and UI 3. I too was having trouble getting to the system cache. When pressing volume up and power, it just restarted. I finally tried volume up, Bixby, and power button. This got me into the android menu. I didn't have to plug it into a PC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000