What is the solid black circle ⚫️ icon in the top left corner of the android phone mean?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

There’s a black circle ⚫️ icon in the top left corner of the android phone. What does it mean? I have a picture but not sure where to upload it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When that happens, swipe down the notification panel. Do you see more details there? Some app developers aren't very good about creating a distinctive notification icon. I've seen a couple where the icon is just a solid white circle.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It’s a Motomart G6. It’s just happening every once in a while! Randomly appears and disappears.
Welcome to the forums. Do you mean a Moto G6 Play? It looks similar to that Motorola model.

As B. Diddy said it's possible that icon comes from a bad coded app or for some very old one that didn't update for a long time. Do you have such an app installed?

Also, you can try this. Long press an empty spot on your home screen - select Widgets - scroll down until you find Settings 1x1 - tap & hold and drag it to your home screen - select Notification Log from that list. This will create a widget on your screen. Next time that you see that icon tap this widget to open the log and see which apps are listed in there.

Byezy

Jun 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys I have this exact problem on a new realme 7 android 10 just showed up today ... Reading this post still unclear if there was a solution or if has become clear what this dot means... Tks

PLEASE IGNORE I AM SO DUMB

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys I have this exact problem on a new realme 7 android 10 just showed up today ... Reading this post still unclear if there was a solution or if has become clear what this dot means... Tks

PLEASE IGNORE I AM SO DUMB
Hi, welcome to AC , last we mentioned was to put in safe mode and didn't hear back

seshock

Aug 26, 2022
Visit site
zfold 3 and stand by...

Try this

On this screen sit you will see a blank space which happens to be white at the moment between the time and the tesla symbol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220826-172357_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220826-172357_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Strange, that notification should be there. Just in case, dismiss all your notifications after swiping down from the status bar, restart the phone and check out the Notification history once you get the black circle again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22