Looking for a cdma&gsm dual sim 5g phone in usa

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So i have two phones currently one is a cdma on verizon's network and the other is on gsm t mobile's network, i'm trying to find a phone that supports dual sims and both networks, that also run on 5g in the USA.

I tried googling some but cant find any solid answers and don't want to waste money on a phone to come and find out it only supports one..Any suggestions?

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
So i have two phones currently one is a cdma on verizon's network and the other is on gsm t mobile's network, i'm trying to find a phone that supports dual sims and both networks, that also run on 5g in the USA.

I tried googling some but cant find any solid answers and don't want to waste money on a phone to come and find out it only supports one..Any suggestions?

Since the carriers are shutting down 3G EDGE/CDMA on Sprint/VZW and 3G HSPA/GSM on T-Mobile/AT&T, I’m not sure what you’re asking for ever really existed.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
5G in the U.S. has so far been a below average implementation. U.S. carriers use their own mixed bag of 5G frequencies, that assure their own territorial dominance and often require a 5G user to be within a very, very limited range of the cell tower. So when you're looking to buy a phone that does include 5G support as some sort of future-proofing your next phone, don't expect it to be fully compatible from a long-term perspective. As for CDMA, keep in mind that Verizon is phasing that out and the only other major carrier, Sprint, was recently bought out and absorbed by T-Mobile. Sprint's cellular networks are either being phased out or incorporated into T-Mobile's existing cellular network.
Currently, 4G/LTE is still the predominant standard so shop around for phone that supports your chosen carriers. Here's a summary of the frequencies the various carriers rely upon, with some handy tabular graphics:
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Che...on-T-Mobile-and-Sprint-use-in-the-USA_id77933
The gsmarena site has a phone finder feature you might find useful:
https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3?
Select the parameters you want in phone, be sure to select 'dual SIM', and note in the drop down menus for 4G and for 5G you can choose specific frequencies (again, keep in mind that 5G is still a crap shoot here in the U.S. and the frequency bands will likely change as the carriers migrate to different ones over time. Their priority is to maximize profit, not ensure the phone you just bought remains compatible with their cellular service.)

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Well im carrying two phones one for work purpose and one personal, i wanted to find a phone that would have dual sim slots but work with both of my carriers.

Most of the newer devices haven't included CDMA for probably 2-3 years now. The bigger problem is that most devices supported across the carrier spectrum 4GLTE/VoLTE and 5G are single one (1) SIM only. A factory unlocked Dual-SIM might have certification issues or compatibility issues with at least one (1) USA carrier.

I've recently purchased a Teracube 2e with Dual-SIM but I've only used it with double TMO SIM in device. Carriers haven't really supported Dual-SIM here like done overseas.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Most of the newer devices haven't included CDMA for probably 2-3 years now.
This.

The bigger concern is getting a dual-SIM phone that supports the bands your chosen carriers support and supports dual-SIM in the way you want it to. Most of the high-end devices in the US are "dual-SIM" in that they have a SIM slot but also an e-SIM, but they don't support both being active at the same time.

Poolman55

Feb 4, 2021
Visit site
Check out the One Plus US unlocked 7Pro or 8T. The 7Pro is 4G and the 8T is 5G. To use on VZW you have to have your line provisioned CDMA less. I have used both with VZW and T-Mobile at the same time.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is no longer allowing CDMA compatible only phones to be activated, so you'll need a phone capable of their 4G LTE based VoLTE calling anyway. That may help increase the odds of finding a suitable phone, and I would not even worry about having CDMA compatibility.

rabada

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
I'm also looking for dual sim mobile phone. But only Samsung no other company.
Currently I'm using Galaxy a10s Dual sim but not now I want to upgrade my phone please give me some suggestion.
Here is the picture of my Love phone..:mad:
dual-sim-phones-scaled.jpg

Attachments

• dual-sim-phones-scaled.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 4

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm also looking for dual sim mobile phone. But only Samsung no other company.
Currently I'm using Galaxy a10s Dual sim but not now I want to upgrade my phone please give me some suggestion.
Here is the picture of my Love phone..:mad:
Hi, welcome to AC!
That would be a nice upgrade the s21:))

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2