Cannot add disappeared individual contact shortcut icons back to home screen

gamartin

Mar 7, 2021
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S8. Individual Contacts icons began disappearing form the home screen. When I go to Contacts, select a contact, and select "Add to Home Screen," I get a message saying "Contact is already on Home Screen."

Which it is not.

Any advice?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry for not being very tech savvy, but I don't even understand the question about launchers.

The homescreen interface is the launcher. The one the phone came with is Samsung's One UI launcher. You can install a 3rd party launcher (like Nova Launcher) which can change how the interface looks (some of them are drastically different, others similar but with more versatility). If you're using the phone brand new and don't know what a launcher is, then most likely not the issue. If the phone belonged to someone else (or someone else set it up for you), it's still a possibility.

Have you swiped left/right to look at all of your homescreens to make sure you're not missing the added contact on one of the other homescreens?

gamartin

Mar 7, 2021
Visit site
Sorry if I'm not being clear. They've been on the home screen since I had the phone, then they just started disappearing. And now when I try to put them back on, it just says "Contact is already on Home Screen." Will not to let me put them back on the home screen.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry if I'm not being clear. They've been on the home screen since I had the phone, then they just started disappearing. And now when I try to put them back on, it just says "Contact is already on Home Screen." Will not to let me put them back on the home screen.
Ok gotcha, how many home screen you have ? To tell can you swipe to more pages left or right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781