Why can't I search after update on redmi note 9 pro max?

dijn

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
After updating redmi note 9 pro max to miui 12.0.3, google app doesn't search for pre-installed apps on the phone which was a very convenient feature by just swiping up

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This was an official system update pushed over the air, and not one you downloaded from some website and installed manually, right? Did your phone come with Google services preinstalled, or did you have to install them yourself?

dijn

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
This was an official system update pushed over the air, and not one you downloaded from some website and installed manually, right? Did your phone come with Google services preinstalled, or did you have to install them yourself?
I did not download from any website. It came up in the mobile itself

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think I see what you're saying. When I open my Google app and type in an app name in the search bar, I also don't see a result come up for apps installed on my phone (even though that setting in the Google app's menu is turned on). But if I bring up Google Assistant, it works. Do you know if MIUI has the swipe up diagonally gesture from either bottom corner to bring up Google Assistant? If so, then try using that to search for your apps.

dijn

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
I think I see what you're saying. When I open my Google app and type in an app name in the search bar, I also don't see a result come up for apps installed on my phone (even though that setting in the Google app's menu is turned on). But if I bring up Google Assistant, it works. Do you know if MIUI has the swipe up diagonally gesture from either bottom corner to bring up Google Assistant? If so, then try using that to search for your apps.
Oh okay. Don't know why they discontinued. The previous one was a smoother feature