[MEGATHREAD] Why can't I save a contact name with emoji

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Emoji's on contacts?????

I have the emojis and i can use them anywhere on any app and text messaging but i cant put them on my contacts. .. am i missing something here ot is it not even possible yet?
Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

A

AC Question

Why can't I post emojis on contacts galaxy s5

I want to put emojis by my friends and family but it won't show up or says can't do that

A

AC Question

i cant add emojis to my contacts

I have a galaxy s5 and I used to be able to copy and paste emojis from my notes into my contacts but now it won't even let me do that. Is there any way I can add emojis to my contacts?

AWSHEN

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Emojis on Android 5.0

I updated from Android 4 to Android 5 on my S5 and losing the ability to use emojis really hit me. I have a lot of contacts and using emojis at their names is really important because that's how I want it to be. And I really want to use emojis again, but I don't know how. You know, like hearts and those things. Please, PLEASE help me.:'(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Emojis on Android 5.0

Install a keyboard that does emojis. (And there are a few different sets, so make sure you get the ones you want. Apple emojis are different than Android emojis, but there are a few Android keyboards that do Apple emojis.)

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Your losing the ability to use emojis has nothing to do with the phone. What the heck are you using that for some reason you don't have them? My S5 on KitKat had them with stock Samsung and it does as well on Lollipop.

AWSHEN

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

I have GO Keyboard and when I try to put emojis on contacts, you know, in the address book, it says that I can't insert emojis. I can use emojis in WhatsApp or Messages but not on contacts..

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have GO Keyboard and when I try to put emojis on contacts, you know, in the address book, it says that I can't insert emojis. I can use emojis in WhatsApp or Messages but not on contacts..
I found several suitable emojis I liked, and saved them in the Gallery for the purpose of using them as Contact photos for contacts that were places rather than people. That worked fine, (Lollipop on Galaxy S5) no problem at all.

A

AC Question

why say when try put a emoji in contact it say unable paste including emoji

Why say when I try put a emoji on somebody name say unable paste including emoji

A

AC Question

why can't I use emojis for contacts?

I got an app so I can use Emojis for all of my apps, but it doesn't allow me to put emojis next to someone's name in my phone

A

AC Question

why dont my imojis display in my contacts?! help

Ever since I got my galaxy note 4, I can't put an emoji next to the contact.. What can I do?! Or is this fixable?! Anyone had this problem.. I want my emojis back on my contacts.. 😢😢😢😢

Roo_thless

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: why dont my imojis display in my contacts?! help

It's a common problem with these phones I guess and the answer is to try and put the contact info with the emojis you want into google or other service and then copy it into the contact information. This doesn't always work but it's worth a try

Posted via the Android Central App

Eric Liu1

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Emoji's on contacts?????

i just figured it out how to do it and i hope my instructions are clear
save the contact with the emoji, name and number you want on an IPHONE
share the contact with email
download the vcf file on your android phone
download this app on your android phone: superbackup: sms & contacts (it has a green icon thing)
open the app
go to contacts backup
click restore
and select the vcf file
you are done!!! go to contacts and you will see the contact with the emoji with it
hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Corey Johnson2

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Emoji's on contacts?????

I have the solution!!!!! Go to the google play store download true contacts. Then download swift keyboard. switch to swift keyboard. and go to true contacts and click on the contact to edit then click and hold the arrow and choose your emojis!!!!

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
No emojis on contacts

Why cant i use emojis when entering contacts like i did with my iphone so i can input my boss' name as "david😈" and such? Is there a way around this? Using swiftkey keyboard. TIA

iseededppl

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: No emojis on contacts

Why cant i use emojis when entering contacts like i did with my iphone so i can input my boss' name as "david??????" and such? Is there a way around this? Using swiftkey keyboard. TIA

Unfortunately no. I've eventried copying and pasting emoji but it says I cant enter text that contains emoji. You're just going to have to stick to <3 :p :3 and the other text basted emotes xD