[MEGATHREAD] Why can't I save a contact name with emoji

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Emoji's on contacts?????

I have the emojis and i can use them anywhere on any app and text messaging but i cant put them on my contacts. .. am i missing something here ot is it not even possible yet?
Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

lauraalee

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
cant add emojis by my contact names ?

i have a galaxy s4 and every time i try to add an emoji by one of my contacts names it doesnt show up ? But i can use emojis when im texting and i can see emojis . Does any one know how to fix this problem ?

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
i have the note 3. i want to paste emojis in someone contact.. but when I try it tells me

how do i post emoji in myy contacts.. when i try It says "unable to paste text emoticon" no matter what keyboard i use

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I paste emojis on my Note 3?

Where exactly in your contacts are you trying to paste emojis? I've never had a reason to try it before but I was curious after reading you post so I just tried to do it. I was able to copy and paste an emoji into the name field after my name and then I added a notes field and copy and pasted a different one there. No errors and they saved fine. I have a TMO Note 3 with 4.4.2 using stock keyboard.

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Ugh I'm jealous. I was trying to put emojis beside my boyfriend name. but its not working for me at all..I have the sprint note 3. Using the 4.4.4 kit kat.

Last edited:

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Where exactly in your contacts are you trying to paste emojis? I've never had a reason to try it before but I was curious after reading you post so I just tried to do it. I was able to copy and paste an emoji into the name field after my name and then I added a notes field and copy and pasted a different one there. No errors and they saved fine. I have a TMO Note 3 with 4.4.2 using stock keyboard.

Tried it here also (kitkat, verizon) and it works for me too. Stock keyboard as well.

Posted via Android Central App

A

AC Question

Is there a way to put emojis with the contact name?

It's great that I can use it with texting, but I would really love it for my contacts too.

Megan246

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Can no longer add emojis to contacts

HELP!!! Ever since I have had the Samsung Galaxy S5, I have been able to add emojis to my contact names whenever I wanted. Now all of a sudden, i can't add a single one. It comes up invisible and refuses to be shown. WHY? HELP! PLEASE!!

Ashley1010

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can no longer add emojis to contacts

I am having the same issue! My contacts will not let me add emojis... I even tried to copy and paste from a text and memo. For my contacts that already had emojis, they still show up but if I go to edit their contact name it appears blank as Megan mentioned. Help please! How do I get this feature back?

HELP!!! Ever since I have had the Samsung Galaxy S5, I have been able to add emojis to my contact names whenever I wanted. Now all of a sudden, i can't add a single one. It comes up invisible and refuses to be shown. WHY? HELP! PLEASE!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae