My question is about downloading Google Maps directions, not downloading a map. There's a slight difference.

After creating a route a black banner appears that lets you download the directions. This actually does download an offline map, but it's formatted to fit the route.

This works with my old LG Rebel 4 phone but not the new Rebel 4. Both are Android 8. It also works on my Android 10 tablet.

But the black banner just does not appear on the new phone, therefore you can't save the directions/map. Settings appear to be the same on both phones.

Any idea what might enable the black banner to appear?

Thanks
    05-02-2021 10:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you're at the directions screen but before tapping Start, tap the Menu button at the upper right, then Share Directions. Then scroll horizontally in the options to get to the Copy to Clipboard, which will copy all of the text directions for you to paste anywhere. (You can also create a Google Keep note easily if you select Keep instead.)

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    05-02-2021 10:57 PM