Home Android Central Q&A > Ask a Question

S7 cannot delete Viber and Whatsapp images.

Asked: May 09 2021 | 11:09 am EDT 255 Views 12 Answers

None of the normal methods work.

I go into gallery, then pictures and delete the images but they don't delete. There's no message, the phone acts like it deleted them but they're all still there.

I go into Albums in Gallery and try deleting the "Whatsapp Images" and "Viber Images" folders and the same thing happens. I removed both apps from my phone years ago and only recently discovered the images are still there.

Furthermore, I go to Microsoft OneDrive online (where my images are backed up) and delete the images from there, and they APPEAR to delete, but if I refresh they're still there.

I try to browse me phone on a Windows system but can't find the "Whatsapp Images" and "Viber Images" folders or the photos they contain.

I have been searching for a week and have not been able to find a solution, I'm about ready to do a factory reset but that's a huge PITA.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? Any advice?

More Answers

May 09 2021 | 11:40 am EDT B. Diddy

Welcome to Android Central! Using a file manager app, look in the /Pictures directory -- are there subdirectories for WhatsApp and Viber?

May 09 2021 | 11:54 am EDT the real webgrunt

mustang7757 I already have one, I just forgot to log in before creating the post. I do have an SD card I was using but when I started having trouble deleting, I removed it. It's not in the phone now.

May 09 2021 | 12:08 pm EDT mustang7757

mustang7757 I already have one, I just forgot to log in before creating the post. I do have an SD card I was using but when I started having trouble deleting, I removed it. It's not in the phone now.
Ahh no problem

What if you go to My files can u locate them and delete ?

May 09 2021 | 12:20 pm EDT mustang7757

@mustang7757 I can't locate them in My Files.
Nothing in DCIM folder , Download, app folder ?

May 09 2021 | 12:36 pm EDT the real webgrunt

@mustang7757 there are things in those folders, just not the ones I'm looking for. I tried sending some of the unwanted photos to my gmail account. It says they can't be attached. But I can open and view them on the phone. It's like they are there but they aren't there...

May 09 2021 | 1:07 pm EDT the real webgrunt

ANSWERED! I tried everything including things like resetting Gallery back to the original version that came on the phone. Finally I decided to turn on syncing to Samsung Cloud. After that, I was able to delete the images from my phone.

May 09 2021 | 1:47 pm EDT mustang7757

ANSWERED! I tried everything including things like resetting Gallery back to the original version that came on the phone. Finally I decided to turn on syncing to Samsung Cloud. After that, I was able to delete the images from my phone.
Ok good
Sometimes little hard to tell what's going on especially a issue like that that would require someone to see the phone in person, but glad you got it going .

May 09 2021 | 2:05 pm EDT the real webgrunt

@mustang7757 I appreciate your help! It was one of those cases where the problem is so weird that even the answer didn't make any sense, I just had to keep fooling with things until I either FUBAR'd it completely or accidentally fixed it. Sometimes you get lucky, today was my day!

May 09 2021 | 2:08 pm EDT mustang7757

@mustang7757 I appreciate your help! It was one of those cases where the problem is so weird that even the answer didn't make any sense, I just had to keep fooling with things until I either FUBAR'd it completely or accidentally fixed it. Sometimes you get lucky, today was my day!
I hear you and sometimes takes messing around until gets fixed , Your Welcome!