I spilled liquid soap in my phone
    06-06-2021 08:10 PM
    A spill is an emergency situation so hopefully you were fortunate to have had your phone receive an immediate emergency rescue.

There are two ways. The best thing to do is to make sure the phone is turned on while continuously testing everything to monitor which parts of your phone remain to be destroyed, unless you are hoping your phone will be usable again. That is the first way.

The second way is the one where your goal and objective unify on your phone becoming useful after its recovery from the soap incident.

If you want your phone to be usable, you must know, the most important thing is to power off as quickly as possible after a spill while simultaneously wiping off the phone, fast enough to remove the liquid from the outside of the phone before the liquid undergoes a key transformation. The transformation you want the liquid to not make is transitioning from the outside of the phone, to the inside. The inside of the phone is where the most fragile and liquid-unsafties exist. If possible you or your agent wants to ACT BEFORE liquid has enough time to seep though the limited number of paths liquid can take to get inside a modern Android-style phone. Specifically, liquid cannot get inside the phone except through:

EMERGENCY AREAS WHERE LIQUIDS CAN INGRESS iNTO THE PHONE
    1. seams on front around outside edge
    2. charging port
    3. microphone
    4. speaker
    5. around camera lenses front
    6. around camera lenses back
    7. around the power button
    8. around the volume button
    9. around the edges of the sim card bay
    10. the hole in he cover to the sim card bay.
    11. seam on back around the outside edge

As long as you can keep the liquid off those spots, liquid has no way to get in. Therefore, my advices to you is to attend to those few and small portions of the outside the phone and guard those entry points to keep liquids out.

AFTER EMERGENCY ACTION PER ABOVE
    Beyond that, depending on what the soap was like (example, was it powdered soap, liquid soap, how viscous, did the phone fall into a bucket of soapy water or was the spill over only part of the phone. What was your immediate action when this happened? Did you see the spill happen or did you come upon it in the morning after the spill had occurred just before bedtime?

What model phone?

One thing is for sure, everyone here at androidcentral is pulling for you and your phone. May the Lord shine His Blessings upon you such that your phone live on past this day's tumult.

Good luck.

p.s In case of the worst, is there anyone you can blame so as to not feel responsible for this yourself?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-06-2021 08:26 PM
    I spilled liquid soap in my phone
    Which phone ? Is it IP water resistant ?

How much was spilled , and only the buttons?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    06-06-2021 09:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! See this guide as well: [GUIDE] Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-06-2021 11:28 PM