Why does whenever i take a picture on my huawei phone and then i opend my gallery, it's not there.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i searched all on how to fix it and i did it and still nothing happens.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Huawei phone? You're using the stock Gallery app?

Use a file manager app and look directly in the /DCIM/Camera directory -- do you see the photo files there? If you have an SD card, also look for a /DCIM/Camera directory there as well.

Nibor5

Jun 15, 2021
Visit site
WhatsApp stopped recognizing my camera and gallery on my Huawei Y9 2019 mobile, factory reset fixed it but the moment I selected the SD card as default storage, in settings on the mobile, the fault came back, setting default back to internal storage fixed it.
Hope this helps anybody with same problem because replies from Huawei just parroted the solutions that I told them I'd tried and when I reported my solution they suggested I use the solution I'd emailed to them, bloody cheek!

On another note, along with the WhatsApp problem I found that even with my file manager X-plore i couldn't delete a load of files which appeared in my download folder but now can. Still dont know if the original problems were down to selecting the SD card for storage or a dodgy update.

Last edited: