Wanting to sell my cell phone

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I am wanting to sell my LG V40 ThinQ - comes with all original cable/charger, original box. About two years old, condition as new.

Would $250.00 be too much to ask?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
$250 is too high for an LG V40.

LG phones have taken a nose dive in prices due to LG getting out of the cell phone business.

If it's carrier branded there will be a slight difference in price.

I have an LG v40 as a backup phone and it's still a great phone but you ain't getting $250 for it.

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
$250 is too high for an LG V40.

LG phones have taken a nose dive in prices due to LG getting out of the cell phone business.

If it's carrier branded there will be a slight difference in price.

I have an LG v40 as a backup phone and it's still a great phone but you ain't getting $250 for it.

Thanks, yes, I think I have to bring price down.... Ebay sells some for close to $200.00, so may try the $200.00.
There is no rush in selling it.
It was branded to AT&T, but I had it unlocked, so that may help.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Since you're not in any rush to sell it off right away, you could stick with that $250 price and see if you get any offers to buy it. After a week or two if there are no replies drop the asking price. Or if someone offers to buy it but at a cheaper price, you have a lot of wiggle room on the exact number since you're willing to go down a notch or two anyway (they don't know that).

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/04/28/how-to-get-the-most-money-for-your-old-phone/

..... and just assuming you have done this already
-- remove any SIM or microSD card
-- remove your Google account in the Settings menu (so the buyer to re-contact you asking for your Google account password because the phone is FRP locked.)
-- Factory Reset

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Since you're not in any rush to sell it off right away, you could stick with that $250 price and see if you get any offers to buy it. After a week or two if there are no replies drop the asking price. Or if someone offers to buy it but at a cheaper price, you have a lot of wiggle room on the exact number since you're willing to go down a notch or two anyway (they don't know that).

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/04/28/how-to-get-the-most-money-for-your-old-phone/

..... and just assuming you have done this already
-- remove any SIM or microSD card
-- remove your Google account in the Settings menu (so the buyer to re-contact you asking for your Google account password because the phone is FRP locked.)
-- Factory Reset

Thanks. Except for removing google account, I did all of the above.

Sold it for $230.00 (I paid for overnight shipping, so take away $63.00) not a bad deal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax