Locate free music file location?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Android Central Question

I downloaded the free music app on google play. After downloading several tracks it stops downloading. I have found that moving the tracks to another file location tricks the app into downloading more music. Only thing is I can no longer find the location of the original install file. Where can I find it please.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Typically those type of apps illegally download music and for some reason the Play Store is often late in shutting them down. Regardless of its legality you mentioned tricking the app which would be a form of cheating the app which would also make this a forbidden topic here on the forum. As it stands either due to the download of copyrighted music or trying to game an app for more than you have rights to make it impossible for any advice or help to be offered.

If I've gotten any of the facts incorrect and you would like to clarify feel free to post the name of the app, the device it is being used on and what file manager you are using and we will attempt to aid you further. To reply to this thread and receive notifications when other leave replies please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I also agree. "Free music" apps typically scan a number of servers on the web for uploaded content from users, which can include songs, and then download that content. Copyrighted songs can be saved to the cloud by a user for personal use, but it's illegal to share the song to anyone else. The app developer can claim not to have any responsibility, since they're not the ones who uploaded the song, and they try to get around the legal issues by claiming that their app is for "research" only. I've seen fine print with those apps that say that the app user must delete the downloaded files from their phones as soon as their "research" is complete.

Apart from songs that artists purposely make free (or are intentionally on sale for free), the only truly free music you can download legally is public domain music (like Happy Birthday)(which interestingly was NOT public domain until only recently).

Bottom line: Pay for your music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol