Okay so I noticed an interesting problem, and I am aware that a thread like this already exists, but it seems that no one on that thread had found a solution.

I just upgraded from a Galaxy S9+ to a Galaxy S21+ and had all the data that was on the S9+ transferred over to the new phone via WiFi, everything seemed fine and in the phones gallery all of my photos and videos are still there in the correct order. But when I went to post something on Instagram, I noticed all the photos and videos are seemingly randomized. The first 4 most recent images are at the top, then everything else is scrambled. I'll have photos that were taken years ago show up near the top. I uninstalled and reinstalled Instagram, force stopped and updated the gallery app, and both were unsuccessful. I checked to see if the same would happen with Facebook and Twitter and that indeed is the case.

Tried to see if there was a way to sort the photos both in the gallery and on Instagram to see if that would help but again, no success. Any help is much appreciated!
    06-14-2021 08:06 PM
    Which method you used to transfer through wifi ?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    06-14-2021 09:37 PM
    Sounds like your picture viewing app wrongly looks at the file date when it should be looking at the capture date in the EXIF data.
    If this is the case, you have two options:

- use a picture viewing app that does the dates correctly. I like 'piktures' by Diune:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...diune.pictures

- use an app that will read the EXIF data and change the file dates to match the capture dates. The paid app that I have that can do this is "picture manager":
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...picturemanager
    06-15-2021 02:22 AM
    Facebook/Instagram have always done this to me, they look up files in the order they were most recently changed/created rather than when the photo was taken. My solution was to always open my gallery and share from there instead of trying to find the file/photo within Facebook/Instagram.
    06-15-2021 03:13 AM
    @mustang7757 to be honest I'm not sure since it was the service provider representatives that did it.

@ManiacJoe tried the first app and had no luck, with the second app it seems to have kinda fixed it? Some photos are in order again but a lot of it is still scrambled, maybe I'm doing something wrong? I did the "Fix file modification date" action on all my folders and fixed the ones that needed it, or at least the ones the app said needed to be fixed.

@L0n3N1nja unfortunately I'm trying to post multiple pictures, and that method only works if you're only posting one.
    06-15-2021 10:17 AM
    The catch with setting the file date to the EXIF capture date is that the capture date is not always available depending on where the photo was downloaded from or what device created it.
    06-18-2021 10:00 PM
    Alright I'm assuming this may just be a lost cause then lol. Pretty weird glitch to have happen, maybe Android themselves might fix this in the future.
    06-21-2021 08:35 PM
    @mustang7757 to be honest I'm not sure since it was the service provider representatives that did it.

@ManiacJoe tried the first app and had no luck, with the second app it seems to have kinda fixed it? Some photos are in order again but a lot of it is still scrambled, maybe I'm doing something wrong? I did the "Fix file modification date" action on all my folders and fixed the ones that needed it, or at least the ones the app said needed to be fixed.

@L0n3N1nja unfortunately I'm trying to post multiple pictures, and that method only works if you're only posting one.
    Wonder if they Bluetooth it or cable
    06-21-2021 11:00 PM