Why is my Samsung A50s in a boot loop and cannot go into recovery mode?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone is currently in a boot loop. After the android galaxy logo appears, whatever i do the samsung logo appears and interrupts (can't do anything at this phase) and then is stuck there at the samsung logo until the loop starts again.

I've tried to enter safe mode, and recovery mode, but the samsung logo appears again and the phone then becomes unresponsive.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, you might just have to bring it to a repair shop. In case the Power button is stuck for some reason, try swabbing around it with rubbing alcohol, which can help get rid of any residue that might be causing it to stick.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
@mustang7757 no, I cannot. Any function I try is interrupted by the Samsung logo showing up and restarting the loop.
@B. Diddy, I can only force a shutdown by draining a battery. To answer your question, yes I could force a restart but not a shutdown.
Hi, welcome to AC!
Your phone looks to be be soft brick
Can you get it to power off ?
Try even with it connected to computer the method to get in download mode

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
@mustang7757 no, I cannot. Any function I try is interrupted by the Samsung logo showing up and restarting the loop.

@B. Diddy, I can only force a shutdown by draining a battery. To answer your question, yes I could force a restart but not a shutdown.

You've probably already covered this, but be sure your phone isn't in a case....a sticking power button on a case will give you a boot loop and you'll never suspect it's the case. I just had this happen on a brand new phone with a brand new expensive case, the last thing I suspected was the case.... I thought for sure my brand new phone was bad.