I had tried updating many times, but it shows that the latest update are already installed. But my version is still 4.4.4. Anyone plz help.
    06-17-2021 08:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The Tab E is Samsung's ultra-budget tablet, and is unlikely to get any significant updates. Since yours is on KitKat, you presumably have a really old one, so I can assure you that there have been no official updates for many years anyway.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    06-17-2021 08:41 PM
    I agree it's very very old android version , should look into something newer. Even if it had a update it's still be on old android version .
    06-17-2021 08:45 PM
    Updates and upgrades for Android has always been a bit of a mess, and most Android devices are out-of-date. The issue being even though Google continues to release monthly security updates and annual (for the most part) operating system upgrades, there's a pretty complicated and convoluted process involved where some devices get regularly updated but most do not. Those security patches and OS upgrades have to go through a series of tests and approvals by the hardware manufacturers and carriers before they get pushed out to their customers. So even though there are regular updates and upgrades available, they don't necessarily get sent on to us, the users and owners of all those devices. A lot of people mistakenly equate updating an Android device to the way desktop computers can be updated, but it's a very different process involved.

So don't assume you can just keep tapping on that Update button in the Settings menu, Samsung won't be providing any system upgrades for your model tablet so you're just wasting your time doing so. Either set your expectations accordingly to keep using your tablet as is, or give serious thought into buying something new. There are security concerns to consider when you intentionally use an unsupported device, but that's only when you're accessing the Internet. Just as importantly is the matter of the apps on your tablet are also most likely out-of-date and no longer supported, so it's going to be more problematic when interacting with various online services at some point. Most online sites that require user interactions (social media sites, financial services, etc.) are being constantly upgraded which also involves the apps on our end to be updated too.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-17-2021 09:45 PM