I was told by Samsung that I need the original receipt for the phone to get a guarantee.

The phone I was buying was new but bought from E Bay so I don't know for sure if I will get one, I had thought the number on the box would have been enough to prove that it was never registered before.

I suppose I could still take the phone as long as it is indeed new, I have never had any mobile fail on me.

This is an expensive phone what do you guys think it cost just under 800 pounds
    06-18-2021 03:37 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, that's one of the risks of buying on eBay. Who did you buy it from? Was it a well-known retailer, or an individual seller?

The only recourse you might have would be if the seller claimed it was brand new and in mint condition, whereas it was actually used before. You might be able to make a claim with eBay on this, but I'm not sure how far that would get you.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    06-18-2021 10:17 AM
    Warranty would be a risk Samsung can deny , unless you get insurance from 3rd party and they can cover it .
    ezdoit likes this.
    06-18-2021 11:10 AM
    I was told by Samsung that I need the original receipt for the phone to get a guarantee.

The phone I was buying was new but bought from E Bay so I don't know for sure if I will get one, I had thought the number on the box would have been enough to prove that it was never registered before.

I suppose I could still take the phone as long as it is indeed new, I have never had any mobile fail on me.

This is an expensive phone what do you guys think it cost just under 800 pounds
    You're better off getting your phones through an authorized retailer like B&H photo/video, they usually have the same or better prices than eBay, their phones are 100% brand new factory sealed units, and you get the full factory warranty the same as if you bought it directly from the manufacturer. Just be sure it says "authorized retailer" on the top of the phone description. I believe they're authorized for most major brands, they're like the east coast version of Best Buy. I get the majority of my phones from them..... and I've gotten some of the best sales prices around
    B. Diddy and ezdoit like this.
    06-19-2021 05:09 AM