I have tried factory reset on my Nexus 5. However the it still shows that approximate hrs less than 2hrs.
    06-18-2021 07:18 AM
    A sudden or gradual decline?
    06-18-2021 08:29 AM
    Batteries don't last forever, and lithium batteries behave differently with charge cycles than traditional lead-acid and nickel batteries. The Nexus 5 is pretty old so the battery has probably lost almost half its original capacity, and the only way to get it back is to replace the battery.

There are several factors that affect lithium battery life, some of which you have no control over. What you can control is charge speed and battery temperature. A hot battery loses capacity faster, so if you feel the back of the device getting very warm, stop using it, clear some recent apps, and place it on a cool surface, or my favorite, hold it in front of the A/C. Fast charging also accelerates degradation, so use a standard 5watt charger, and no wireless charging. The max and minimum charge also affect lithium battery life; charging the battery beyond 80%-85% slowly degrades it over time, and draining it below 20%-15% is even worse. And don't leave your device plugged in after it reaches 100% charge.

Watch this for more details:
    06-18-2021 08:45 AM
    I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    06-18-2021 09:10 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The Nexus 5 is almost EIGHT years old, so it's not surprising for the battery to deteriorate over that time, even with careful usage. In addition, that phone was never known for good battery life (I had it, and I recall the best I could ever get was maybe 4 hours of screen on time, if I was lucky). It's a 2300 mAh battery, which is laughably tiny by today's standards.

If you want to keep using the phone, bring it to a repair shop to get the battery replaced. But I would strongly recommend upgrading to a more modern phone, since the Nexus 5 stopped getting updates after Marshmallow, so there may be quite a few security vulnerabilities that were never patched. You may want to consider the Nexus 5's spiritual successors, the Pixel 3a or 4a.
    Kurosaki_kun and smvim like this.
    06-18-2021 05:15 PM
    A Factory Reset will only address operating system and app issues, a software matter. A Nexus 5, originally released in 2013, is a very dated model so when the battery starts to fail, no software-related maintenance task is going to fix that. Given how old this phone is, I'd be hesitant to take it somewhere to have the battery replaced simply because the cost would be more than the current value of the phone itself at this point. (The battery itself won't be the big expense, it's the labor charge that will be the bulk of whatever you're paying). If you have all the necessary tools and equipment, and are comfortable tearing down a smartphone, the ifixit site has a nice step-by-step guide on how to replace the battery yourself:
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nexus+5...lacement/26009
    Follow the instructions closely though and make note of the different caveats (i.e. when re-assembling your phone be sure to pay attention to reconnecting the various connectors).
    But really, that's a really dated phone with out-of-date, unsupported software and hardware. Time to upgrade to a new phone. Even if you do replace the battery, keep in mind that 'new' battery is still going to be dated itself. The battery manufacturers don't keep making batteries for really old phones, that would involve costs they'd never regain. A 'new' battery for a Nexus 5 phone might be in its original, unopened packaging, but all that means is it also been sitting in a storage inventory closet for several years untouched. Batteries age even when not in use and charged regularly. Not as much, but it's still a factor.
    Kurosaki_kun and B. Diddy like this.
    06-18-2021 06:46 PM