Disable Toast Notifications

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung S21. I find these toast notifications annoying and pointless. And sometimes they stick around too long. How do I disable it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Mickey_T

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
Thank you B. Diddy. I just registered. I honestly would love to be able to disable them all together. I find them annoying. They cover when I am texting and sometimes they stick around too long.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you Mustang7757. I have it set to default. The only other options are 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute and 2 minutes. Is there a way to disable them?
Unfortunately not that i know of .
You can reset accessibility settings just incase somewhere else was set , to do that go settings>general management>reset>reset accessibility

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you B. Diddy. I just registered. I honestly would love to be able to disable them all together. I find them annoying. They cover when I am texting and sometimes they stick around too long.

Besides the length of time they stay up, you can also just turn them off by app. I assume you don't really want all of them gone. Just keep the ones you really want to know about - like notifications from your texts.

"Settings" > "Notifications" > under "Recently Sent", click "More" > then at the top, drop the list down to select "All" > and then just turn off the apps you don't want to see anything from at all.

BTW, you don't have to wait for the toast to go away on its own. You can immediately just swipe away most notifications that pop up. There are some system notifications that don't swipe away, but you can usually slide over enough to tap the settings gear which will bring up options to change how that particular notification works.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Went looking and found this thread. Same issue. Anyone know the name of the package that controls those? Maybe I can disable the package altogether. One second or five, swiping or not, they are a waste of time... the ones I want to dump are system toasts.

ETA: Also block what I'm trying to see or do. Should not have annoyances like these. They serve no real purpose if you're not interested in seeing them. Should be totally optional system-wide.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Went looking and found this thread. Same issue. Anyone know the name of the package that controls those? Maybe I can disable the package altogether. One second or five, swiping or not, they are a waste of time... the ones I want to dump are system toasts.

ETA: Also block what I'm trying to see or do. Should not have annoyances like these. They serve no real purpose if you're not interested in seeing them. Should be totally optional system-wide.
I agree, I don't know the package name but I'm going disable accessibility in package disabler pro and see if that does the trick

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey